AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX TIMMY WALK OFF WINNER

chitownsportsfan

1 minute ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

Not sure we’d have Moncada if we didn’t make the Shields trade though. I truly believe the Shields trade blowing up as dramatically as it did as early as it did played a huge role in initiating a full scale rebuild 6 months later.

I just don't buy this theory. The Sox we're plummeting in the standings when they made the Shields move. It was desperation to keep that fluke start alive. The rebuild became inevitable even without Shields help. Not going to sit here and say we all knew what the Sox were trading away when they got Shields but I find it funny when people try to say James Shields brought on the rebuild and not their terrible,old roster (outside of the 2 Cy Young Contenders)

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, TheTruth05 said:

I just don't buy this theory. The Sox we're plummeting in the standings when they made the Shields move. It was desperation to keep that fluke start alive. The rebuild became inevitable even without Shields help. Not going to sit here and say we all knew what the Sox were trading away when they got Shields but I find it funny when people try to say James Shields brought on the rebuild and not their terrible,old roster (outside of the 2 Cy Young Contenders)

I guess we’ll never know for sure will we?

If Anderson does get hit by the Tigers next time they play, the Sox should not fight this time but just stop the game and file a complaint immediately with the commissioner. Pretty much anything is allowed during walk off celebrations. The opposing team can get into the clubhouse if the don't want to watch walk-off celebrations. Baseball's unwritten rulebook has nothing in it on walk offs. What walk off HR celebration isn't wild?

Just want to say despite the HR and Abreu taking the blame for passing Tim on the bases it really was Tim's fault.

That call happens maybe once every 10 years. I think Robin Ventura had it happen to him on a grand slam. Don't remember if he was on the Sox or Mets when it happened.

One poster in the game thread said those saying it was Anderson's fault were baseball dumb. But not really. For over 150 years of baseball tagging up from 1st on a fly ball to left or right field was frowned upon. If the catch is made the throw isn't difficult to 2nd base. Normal procedure is to go halfway until the ball is either caught or hits high off a wall or a fielder attempting a difficult catch can't grab it cleanly. If you go back to tag up you ,more than likely, will lose a base after it stays in the park and and the fielder can't make the catch. Tim went halfway then decided to pack pedal back to 1st. It's not really Abreu's fault as I'm sure he along with everyone else is watching the flight of the ball. You don't really expect your team mate to be right there as you look down to touch 1st base then turn towards second. It just happens so rarely it's not in the forefront of your mind to make sure you don't pass a base runner when you're looking at the flight of the ball then looking down to make sure you step on 1st base.

Also with Moncada on 3rd you don't risk tagging up if it's caught because he might be tagged out at 2nd before Moncada crosses the plate and then you get no runs. That is perhaps the biggest reason why you don't tag up from 1st , 1 out, man on third Moncada is likely jogging home while Tim is sprinting towards second trying to beat a throw. We have seen that happen before.

14 hours ago, raBBit said:

That was a lot of fun. Obviously the walkoff homer will be one of the best moments of the year but I was just mesmerized by that play in top of the inning. He went so deep into the hole and was so smooth to get the leader runner.

I don't want to get ahead of myself because it's just a month of baseball and he's way over his career trends but the growth Anderson has had is pretty incredible. He's becoming so natural at short with the same tremendous range and hose he's always had. He's settled in at the plate and is showing a veteran attack staying with the ball and using the whole field again. You can't just put him away with half-cocked breaking balls anymore. And the strength at the plate...he's a far more powerful hitter this year when his improved approach isn't even conducive to power. He's also cut his K% over 5% from last year's rate which was his career best. He's just under 19%. There are improvements all over the place even if he's obviously just starting the year in a hot streak. 

Again, it's 21 games for him and only 90 plate appearances and I am not going to jump to say he's an All Star or MVP candidate just yet, but you see the improvements year-over-year if you are watching the games. Even if he returns to some bad habits at the plate there's a great player here. He was never going to be a high OBP guy but I see 30-30 in his future. He's developing into a great defensive shortstop who is one of the best in the league on the base paths and is a power/speed threat at the plate. That's a 4 WAR guy. - championship caliber SS. 

Great post, to me he is Alexei reincarnated, with more swag. and 30/30 would make him a 5 tool talent, hes on pace for 34 HR and 68 bags.