Jimenez and Jones hit Injured List

flavum

11 minutes ago, bjm676 said:

The annual IL trip for Jones.  Time to cut bait with him and move on.

Agreed.  The Sox will never get anything for him, even on a cheap deal, because he’s always injured.

Also, make Eloy a DH or we will see this frequently throughout his career.

Edited by Harper2Sox
  • Like 1

High ankle sprains are very difficult to heal and they take a long time. I'd be surprised if he's back inside of a month. More injury news for a key part of the rebuild.

As far as Jones, why would anybody be surprised at this? Time to give him his release as soon as he comes off the IL.

I've been accused of trolling regarding my many posts on Nate, but the poor guy didn't have a chance of staying healthy with that herky-jerky ridiculous way he has of delivering the ball. It hurts just to watch him use that right arm.

How many times has he been out of action? Just release him and hope for Nate's sake he made enough money to be set for life. I'm disappointed Eloy has high ankle sprain. That's a serious sprain. Can't believe he hurt it the way he did. Fluke injury but disappointing.

28 minutes ago, OneDog847 said:

Jones should have been traded years ago when the rebuild began and he had any semblance of value. Often injured veterans have no place on a tanking team. 

Jones looked super electric a few years ago, and he was younger, but he just can't get it together any more as far as health. He does have a 3.48 era this season. I didn't know he was that old being 33. It may be time to give someone else a chance.

9 hours ago, bjm676 said:

The annual IL trip for Jones.  Time to cut bait with him and move on.

Jones in a low leverage situation without runners on can give you an inning.  With runners on base in game on the line situation he is not very good.  Can't hold runners on to save his life.