Week ahead- O’s/Sawx

flavum

Sale now 0-5 on the year how fitting if he got his first win vs us. Hope we knock him out in the first. I think this will be his first time pitching back on the south side?

Is Gio really set to start pitching on Wednesday?

6 hours ago, poppysox said:

Catching Boston at a good time.

That is, if they don't start their positive regression this week. Fingers crossed 

This forecast is suggesting it will be really difficult to get games in Wednesday and Tuesday. Will be interesting to see what they decide to do with this.

I guess they could do a draft day game on June 3 in Chicago and do a day game. Sox would just have to delay their flight to Washington and Os would have to make a pitstop before heading to Arlington.

Edited by ScooterMcGee

4 minutes ago, flavum said:

Thu: Price vs TBA (Giolito)

Fri: Sale vs Lopez

Sat: Rodriguez vs Banuelos 

Sun: Porcello vs TBA (Cease?)- prob not

FWIW: Their starters have had problems. Price has probably been the best. Sale has been coming on and Porcello had his best outing last night. But ERod was lousy Monday. I think their bullpen is blah as well. 

Offensively they are also struggling.  Pedroia is out but they call up some kid Chavis from AAA and he is killing it early. What we wish our prospects would do when they arrive. 

Hope we get 3 out of 4.  

5 minutes ago, SCCWS said:

FWIW: Their starters have had problems. Price has probably been the best. Sale has been coming on and Porcello had his best outing last night. But ERod was lousy Monday. I think their bullpen is blah as well. 

Offensively they are also struggling.  Pedroia is out but they call up some kid Chavis from AAA and he is killing it early. What we wish our prospects would do when they arrive. 

Hope we get 3 out of 4.  

Chavis is a pretty well regarded prospect. He's not a nobody.

1 hour ago, mqr said:

Chavis is a pretty well regarded prospect. He's not a nobody.

Yeah but living in New England it is frustrating for me  to see many of their prospects produce from Day 1. Devers is killing it and this kid was blocked. So they bring him up and move him around at !B and DH and he produces.  This kid in 2 weeks has put up the same numbers as Eloy in half the ABs.