4/29 Games

flavum

Rutherford 1-1. I don't have much optimism about some of our B'ham guys, but we need to do something about the traffic jam. I don't care about playing time for Mercedes or Michalzewski. Between DH and the OF positions, LGon, Basabe, Adolfo, and Rutherford need to play every single day (or close to it).

1 hour ago, The Sir said:

Rutherford 1-1. I don't have much optimism about some of our B'ham guys, but we need to do something about the traffic jam. I don't care about playing time for Mercedes or Michalzewski. Between DH and the OF positions, LGon, Basabe, Adolfo, and Rutherford need to play every single day (or close to it).

Mercedes is batting .451. The highest in our minor leagues. 

In that blackhole that has been birmingham, Ti'Quan forbes homered today and now has a pretty interesting stat line. Forbes is only 22 years old, and was acquired for I want to say Miguel gonzalez in 2017.

So far in Birmingham he's batting .250 / .354 / .353 for a .704 ops. 

He only struck out 15% of the time last year, and this year in 79 ABs he's only k'ing 17% of the time. However, his walk rate has quadrupled from 3% to 13% this year. He already has half the walks he had all of last year.

His power still needs to arrive, and it'll be tough in birmingham, but that is a much different profile than we are used to seeing. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bmags said:

In that blackhole that has been birmingham, Ti'Quan forbes homered today and now has a pretty interesting stat line. Forbes is only 22 years old, and was acquired for I want to say Miguel gonzalez in 2017.

So far in Birmingham he's batting .250 / .354 / .353 for a .704 ops. 

He only struck out 15% of the time last year, and this year in 79 ABs he's only k'ing 17% of the time. However, his walk rate has quadrupled from 3% to 13% this year. He already has half the walks he had all of last year.

His power still needs to arrive, and it'll be tough in birmingham, but that is a much different profile than we are used to seeing. 

I've always felt like one of Forbes/Yrizarri (however the hell you spell it) is gonna become useful somehow. 

Edited by Jose Abreu

11 minutes ago, bmags said:

Or his splitter will catch up to him and he’ll be injured constantly.

It's funny. That's what Tigers (and Royals) fans were saying about Kopech after his 110 mph video in our system (as far as injuries waiting to happen).

Edited by SoxAce

3 minutes ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

Insane. Didn’t even look like he got it well. Just kind of flicked his bat out there and took him out to RF. Kid has insane power. Dare I say he could end up an even better MLB player than Yoan?

They're pretty similar players. I think Moncada will hit for better average and Robert will hit for more power. Both have a shot at 40-40. I could see Robert have a season or two where he approaches or exceeds 50 HR. He just has stupid power. 

Edited by Jack Parkman