4/29 Games

flavum

2 hours ago, Jose Abreu said:

I've always felt like one of Forbes/Yrizarri (however the hell you spell it) is gonna become useful somehow. 

This dude passes the eye test. Love the early trend of him taking walks. He's a plus athlete. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, thxfrthmmrs said:

Who cares if his wRC+ is twice as good as an all star level player, his K% is 4% above the magical 20% mark.

He's so much better than his peers that trying to take walks isn't even a preferred outcome, i.e. an aggressive approach is the best way to go for now 

1 hour ago, raBBit said:

This dude passes the eye test. Love the early trend of him taking walks. He's a plus athlete. 

Yup, he’s always been a favorite sleeper prospect of mine due to his athleticism.  If he can draw some walks and show a bit more power, he suddenly becomes something to pay a lot more attention to.

40 minutes ago, thxfrthmmrs said:

That’s why he shouldn’t be promoted. Those 2 games are more important than the rest of the body of work.

How about the 50 mediocre games last year? Can that factor into the relevant body of work? He's had 17 good games at this level. Classic SSS. Why is it ridiculous that he get more time there to show his stuff? That's the main thing I'm advocating.

Edited by The Sir

8 minutes ago, The Sir said:

How about the 50 mediocre games last year? Can that factor into the relevant body of work? He's had 17 good games at this level. Classic SSS. Why is it ridiculous that he get more time there to show his stuff? That's the main thing I'm advocating.

Did you missed the part he was dealing with multiple injuries. It not was reflective of his talent or development. Take a look at what he did against better competition in fall league and spring training after he has healed from injury he has proven capable of handling pitching above A+. His current supernatural performance backs that up.

Edited by thxfrthmmrs
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, thxfrthmmrs said:

Did you missed the part he was dealing with multiple injuries. It not was reflective of his talent or development. Take a look at what he did against better competition in fall league and spring training after he has healed from injury. He has proven capable of handling pitching above A+. He current supernatural performance reflects that.

Fine, fair point on the injury. Regardless, let his current supernatural performance continue more than 17 games before promoting him to the toughest hitter's spot in our farm system.

7 minutes ago, The Sir said:

Fine, fair point on the injury. Regardless, let his current supernatural performance continue more than 17 games before promoting him to the toughest hitter's spot in our farm system.

From practicality standpoint, what exactly does Robert has to gain by beating up inferior competition and putting video game numbers. It stunts his development more than it helps to be frank. If you’re so much bette than your peers at work at what you do, do you actually need to get better at it? Between Fall league, ST, the 20 game sample so far, and scouting videos it’s no question he’s significant better than A+ pitching. Elite MLB prospects has proven themselves in smaller sample size.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, The Sir said:

He is not gaining anything in WS.  I would argue him being in WS is detrimental to his developement.