Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
flavum

4/29 Games

Recommended Posts

Rutherford 1-1. I don't have much optimism about some of our B'ham guys, but we need to do something about the traffic jam. I don't care about playing time for Mercedes or Michalzewski. Between DH and the OF positions, LGon, Basabe, Adolfo, and Rutherford need to play every single day (or close to it).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, The Sir said:

Rutherford 1-1. I don't have much optimism about some of our B'ham guys, but we need to do something about the traffic jam. I don't care about playing time for Mercedes or Michalzewski. Between DH and the OF positions, LGon, Basabe, Adolfo, and Rutherford need to play every single day (or close to it).

Mercedes is batting .451. The highest in our minor leagues. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In that blackhole that has been birmingham, Ti'Quan forbes homered today and now has a pretty interesting stat line. Forbes is only 22 years old, and was acquired for I want to say Miguel gonzalez in 2017.

So far in Birmingham he's batting .250 / .354 / .353 for a .704 ops. 

He only struck out 15% of the time last year, and this year in 79 ABs he's only k'ing 17% of the time. However, his walk rate has quadrupled from 3% to 13% this year. He already has half the walks he had all of last year.

His power still needs to arrive, and it'll be tough in birmingham, but that is a much different profile than we are used to seeing. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bmags said:

In that blackhole that has been birmingham, Ti'Quan forbes homered today and now has a pretty interesting stat line. Forbes is only 22 years old, and was acquired for I want to say Miguel gonzalez in 2017.

So far in Birmingham he's batting .250 / .354 / .353 for a .704 ops. 

 He only struck out 15% of the time last year, and this year in 79 ABs he's only k'ing 17% of the time. However, his walk rate has quadrupled from 3% to 13% this year. He already has half the walks he had all of last year.

 His power still needs to arrive, and it'll be tough in birmingham, but that is a much different profile than we are used to seeing. 

I've always felt like one of Forbes/Yrizarri (however the hell you spell it) is gonna become useful somehow. 

Edited by Jose Abreu

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Blackout Friday said:

Mercedes is a 26 year old bat-only RHH in AA. 

So are you saying you don't think he's a future major leaguer?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Collins is literally the only hitter worth keeping an eye on for Charlotte. When he's off it's like... what the point of checking the box score?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, DirtySox said:

In non White Sox news, Casey Mize threw a no hitter in his AA debut.

Was just about to post this. He's going to be a problem in the central for a long time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, SoxAce said:

Was just about to post this. He's going to be a problem in the central for a long time.

Or his splitter will catch up to him and he’ll be injured constantly.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, bmags said:

Or his splitter will catch up to him and he’ll be injured constantly.

It's funny. That's what Tigers (and Royals) fans were saying about Kopech after his 110 mph video in our system (as far as injuries waiting to happen).

Edited by SoxAce

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SouthWallace said:

 

Insane. Didn’t even look like he got it well. Just kind of flicked his bat out there and took him out to RF. Kid has insane power. Dare I say he could end up an even better MLB player than Yoan?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

Insane. Didn’t even look like he got it well. Just kind of flicked his bat out there and took him out to RF. Kid has insane power. Dare I say he could end up an even better MLB player than Yoan?

They're pretty similar players. I think Moncada will hit for better average and Robert will hit for more power. Both have a shot at 40-40. I could see Robert have a season or two where he approaches or exceeds 50 HR. He just has stupid power. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×