UNVERIFIED: Eloy Jimenez Expected to Miss At Least 6 Weeks

KnightsOnMintSt

Yeah, I was optimistic about his bat, and suppose I still am. But his defense is embarrassingly bad. The decision to jump kick the wall was insanely idiotic. I have toned down on Eloy a bit, because with his glove, I don't know how he's ever more than a 3 WAR player. That's a lame result for a bat that good.

7 minutes ago, The Sir said:

Yeah, I was optimistic about his bat, and suppose I still am. But his defense is embarrassingly bad. The decision to jump kick the wall was insanely idiotic. I have toned down on Eloy a bit, because with his glove, I don't know how he's ever more than a 3 WAR player. That's a lame result for a bat that good.

He’s worth even less if he never plays due to injury.  DH him.

Just now, Harper2Sox said:

He’s worth even less if he never plays due to injury.  DH him.

Now is not the time to make Eloy a DH. The Sox can always do that later. Please stop banging this drum for the time being. 

• Like 3

Saw video tonight where before the game Eloy was on bended knee throwing on the sidelines without his walking boot. He said it was "uncomfortable." Very, very surprised the Sox are letting him do this (especially after the Burger situation...) as in taking the boot off and trying to do something. It only takes him to stumble once or lose his balance and twist that ankle again and the situation could get a lot worse.

Eloy made some nice plays in Right Field in the minors.

We stole him from the Cubz. That may be the worst trade Epstein has ever done since he was in Boston.  Thank you!

I hope Eloy watches his weight and stays in shape.  If he does, he will be in our outfield for years to come.

Eloy and Luis Robert...what a great tandem in the outfield.

Edited by tray
spelling

There's always room for improvement defensively.

A long time ago, I remember lamenting Carlos Lee's defense in LF. He never did become elite, but as far as the eye test went, he did become passable. Sometimes he even made "great" plays. It's way too early to give up on Eloy in LF. He does need to learn that he's not Adam Engel though. 

Edited by South Sider