AND THAT IS A 3RD STRAIGHT WHITE SOX WINNER!

Greg Hibbard

20 hours ago, bmags said:

Why do people keep pitting decisions like Narvaez against McCann when it's as big of an indictment on Castillo. I know its heresy around here, but Narvaez actually improved defensively and is basically equal to what Castillo offers, but Narvaez is now a better offensive catcher and does not ditch his new team because he needed to roid to justify his contract.

I still would have liked a better framer than McCann, but his gamecalling is legit and probably more important to advance our game calling from "fastball/slider through first three innings, then start throwing change" that was essentially all we did last year.

But with Narvaez/McCann the sox would have the 5 and 7 best catchers this year according to fWAR, and a better DH/Catcher combo than Castillo, who is garbage. 

I agree with almost everything you said other than framing remark.  He might not have prior years rep as a framer but I like his framing.  He has a very subtle easing back into the zone.  My eye test says he's save a number of strikes.  It's only a month but I have really liked this guy.  His hitting hasn't smelled of luck either.