Luis Robert, others Promoted

soxfan49

3 minutes ago, soxfan2014 said:

Awesome. Now leave him there the rest of the year, have him open up next year with Charlotte for a final tune-up, then call him up mid-April.

Disagree here. If he tears up Birmingham, send him to Charlotte in August. Also, does anyone know what the deal is with Robert's contract? Does it matter whether he opens the season with the Sox with regard to service time considerations? 

Edited by Jack Parkman

1 minute ago, Jack Parkman said:

Disagree here. If he tears up Birmingham, send him to Charlotte in August. Also, does anyone know what the deal is with Robert's contract? Does it matter whether he opens the season with the Sox elwith regard to service time considerations? 

Why would it be different? It's not. He signed a signing bonus like every other foreign amateur that comes up through a system. Eloy was no different, right? Service time rules still apply here.

Edited by soxfan2014

With Adolfo going down it was probably the right time to promote Robert. I would rather have had him have a few good games after being hurt than having whatever it was 4 or 5 K's in  row after he came back just to make sure he is OK. I hate thinking he still might be sore and going to a tough league in that condition.

2 minutes ago, bmags said:

Maybe. I think he's just going to rake.

Very possible. I just am mentally preparing for the general disappointment when he *doesn't* hit .400/.500/.600 right away. If he does, there's a real case to be made that he should be in the majors for the summer 

1 minute ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

With Adolfo going down it was probably the right time to promote Robert. I would rather have had him have a few good games after being hurt than having whatever it was 4 or 5 K's in  row after he came back just to make sure he is OK. I hate thinking he still might be sore and going to a tough league in that condition.

Have you checked his last couple games?

5-7, 4 R, 2 HR, 4 RBI, 0 K's, 1 BB, 1 SB

16 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Disagree here. If he tears up Birmingham, send him to Charlotte in August. Also, does anyone know what the deal is with Robert's contract? Does it matter whether he opens the season with the Sox with regard to service time considerations? 

I don't think I need to see him in Charlotte at all with those balls tbh. Give him a nice run in Birmingham and if he rakes, I don't see the need for AAA.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

And then I'll disagree with you, if he is raking in the upper minor levels bring him up this season.

• Like 2

Just now, JuliusO1274 said:

And then I'll disagree with you, if he is raking in the upper minor levels bring him up this season.

I pretty much agree with this. If he succeeds in AA, and I mean really succeeds, not his w-s numbers but .500 slugging, > .330 obp, then it's time. With the major league balls in AAA it's just a bandbox. He'll learn more in bigs.

22 minutes ago, soxfan2014 said:

Awesome. Now leave him there the rest of the year, have him open up next year with Charlotte for a final tune-up, then call him up mid-April.

If he destroys AA send him to the show after the ASB or trade deadline, let him face his challenges at the major league level and get acclimated. 

• Like 1