Luis Robert, others Promoted

soxfan49

4 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

where are all these OF in AA going to play?  Gonzalez, Rutherford, Basabe, Adolfo and Robert are all on the AA roster now.  I know Adolfo is on the DL right now, but there are still 4 guys that should be playing everyday, and 5 once he comes back.  Maybe Basabe or Gonzalez to AAA and Guyer or Tucker released when that happens.  

I have my concerns about Adolfo because of this

1 minute ago, KnightsOnMintSt said:

I would guess that Basabe to Charlotte would be the first domino to fall. Luis Gonzalez would be next, I would assume.

Yah, I just want all 5 of those guys getting as many ABs as possible. Hard to do with them all on the same roster. 

Just now, mqr said:

I have my concerns about Adolfo because of this

I mean, he’s hurt right now. And I don’t believe he’s played any OF to this point due to his elbow, which I believe is his current injury. 

Not super encouraging, but I am still a big Adolfo fan. They’re gonna get him his abs when he’s healthy. 

1 hour ago, Jack Parkman said:

I'm not counting on anything from Adolfo because of injuries and lack of options. 

Adolfo will not be out of options until the 2021 season.  He can still spend another 1.75 years in the minors.  That should be plenty of time for him to sink or swim.  

6 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Adolfo will not be out of options until the 2021 season.  He can still spend another 1.75 years in the minors.  That should be plenty of time for him to sink or swim.  

The only thing that Adolfo has proven so far is that he cannot stay healthy. 

18 minutes ago, OneDog847 said:

The only thing that Adolfo has proven so far is that he cannot stay healthy. 

This is why it is a concern. To be honest , he might have more value to a team like the Giants or Diamondbacks than the Sox for that reason. They would be able to carry him on the MLB roster regardless of whether or not he is ready, the Sox don't have that luxury anymore. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

2 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

This is why it is a concern. To be honest , he might have more value to a team like the Giants or Diamondbacks than the Sox for that reason. They would be able to carry him on the MLB roster regardless of whether or not he is ready, the Sox don't have that luxury anymore. 

Way too much time to be giving up hope on Adolfo.  He's still recovering from TJS.  

Obviously hoping the current injury is minor. 

38 minutes ago, Lillian said:

I forgot about Basabe. Yes, they do indeed have too many outfielders at Birmingham, even with Adolfo on the DL. Maybe they need to demote Rutherford, and let him get back on track, at Advanced A ball. 

Rutherford has been coming around as of late. He has 2 HR and went 2-3 with a BB yesterday. 

1 minute ago, ChiSox59 said:

Way too much time to be giving up hope on Adolfo.  He's still recovering from TJS.  

I agree, but if this is anything remotely serious, he might be cooked. 

2 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

When you're on the 40 man, every bit of development time is precious. With each injury he stagnates. I wouldn't be concerned about his option situation if the guy wasn't made of glass 

Edited by Jack Parkman

Just now, Jack Parkman said:

When you're on the 40 man, every bit of development time is precious. With each injury he stagnates. 

The Sox don't need to promote him until OD 2021.  There is plenty of time.  But yes, he needs to stay on the field.

Anyone know how serious the current injury is?  

1 minute ago, ChiSox59 said:

Anyone know how serious the current injury is?  

No, but he injured the same elbow he had TJS on last summer. An obvious cause for concern. He hasn't been cleared to throw yet either, he had been DHing so far this season. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

5 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Rutherford has been coming around as of late. He has 2 HR and went 2-3 with a BB yesterday. 

Yes, I saw that, but he has pretty much been totally lost at the plate, until those last few games. I had hoped that some of that work he did in the off season, with his buddy Yelich, would have helped him, but he has really taken a step backwards.

Edited by Lillian

7 minutes ago, lasttriptotulsa said:

He has a .304/.385/.478 line over the last 7 games. No way you demote him now that he's started hitting.

Yup, just the typical AA adjustment period. Rutherford should be fine. 

There is no logjam for the time being as Adolfo can only DH. Once Adolfo is ready Basabe will go up to Charlotte. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

8 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Yup, just the typical AA adjustment period. Rutherford should be fine. 

There is no logjam for the time being as Adolfo can only DH. Once Adolfo is ready Basabe will go up to Charlotte. 

Rutherford is running out of time to stand out in a crowded Sox OF system.  I can see him being a C+ throw in if they trade for a starter in the offseason or next summer.

2 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Rutherford is running out of time to stand out in a crowded Sox OF system.  I can see him being a C+ throw in if they trade for a starter in the offseason or next summer.

It hasn't even been a month into the season and he is already running out of time? Besides Robert and Eloy no outfielder has stood out yet.

1 hour ago, ChiSox59 said:

If the sox are going to bring him up this year, this is the route I would prefer.  Otherwise just wait until this time next year and secure the extra season.  For the love of god, don't just promote him late August or September. So stupid IMO.  

If Robert hits, the White Sox have no made-up excuse.

Eloy isn't a great base runner or defender so they could, incorrectly, hide behind him needing more work there.

Robert is a great defender and base runner, so if he's hitting with an OPS north of 1000, there's really no excuse for him not to be ready.

• Like 1