Luis Robert, others Promoted

soxfan49

5 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

A shit load.  And he isn't going anywhere.  

I am not suggesting he get 1,000 at bats.  He spend the rest of this season and the first month or so of next season, he'd maybe get another 450 at bats or so IF (a big if) he stays healthy.  He'd still be well shy of 1,000 at bats.  Obviously that is not a cut off, and Robert is probably the best CF option in the organization, but rushing him to the big leagues just seems so short sighted.  Just let him excel his way up the minor league system.  WTF is the rush? 

I'm not saying he needs to be up right now, but he already strikes me as a guy who, like Moncada, is flat out too talented for the Minor Leagues and will do the lion's share of his development in the Major Leagues. If he crushes AA, and I understand that he still needs to show he'll do this, I want him up taking his knocks against major league pitching to get him over his hump, because there is going to be a hump.

Edited by mqr

2 minutes ago, mqr said:

I'm not saying he needs to be up right now, but he already strikes me as a guy who, like Moncada, is flat out too talented for the Minor Leagues and will do the lion's share of his development in the Major Leagues. If he crushes AA, and I understand that he still needs to show he'll do this, I want him up taking his knocks against major league pitching to get him over his hump. 

That's fair.  If he terrorizes the Southern League for the next 60 days, you cross that bridge then.  

24 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Tim Anderson had 1,372 minor league at bats.

Yoan Moncada, while definitely rushed by the Red Sox, and probably brought up half a season too early by the White Sox, had 1,020 minor league bats.

Luis Robert has 345 minor league at bats.  If he plays the rest of the season in minors and the first month next season (and stays healthy), he'll still be well behind TA and Yoan.  

The difference is those guys stayed healthy and Robert didn't. Robert would be approaching Moncada toward the end of this season if he wasn't hurt last year. 

22 minutes ago, zisk said:

Tim is signed to a cheap contract, is young and his having a break out year. What is he worth on the trade market?

More than most teams would be willing to pay...and it doesn't matter.  He's not going anywhere.

7 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

The difference is those guys stayed healthy and Robert didn't. Robert would be approaching Moncada toward the end of this season if he wasn't hurt last year. 

That.......is a meaningful difference.  

1 minute ago, hogan873 said:

More than most teams would be willing to pay...and it doesn't matter.  He's not going anywhere.

Early extensions for Sale, Q, Eaton & Anderson have been a real strength on Hahn's resume.  His only miss was Danks.  He added a lot of extra value to the Sale, Q & Eaton deals.  With Anderson & Jimenez … I hope we follow his example with Moncada, Kopeck, Robert, Cease & Madrigal to build the nucleus for numerous championship runs.  Others will remind me that half a dozen others might be added to that list as the next year or so evolves.  Great problem to have.

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Tim Anderson had 1,372 minor league at bats.

Yoan Moncada, while definitely rushed by the Red Sox, and probably brought up half a season too early by the White Sox, had 1,020 minor league bats.

Luis Robert has 345 minor league at bats.  If he plays the rest of the season in minors and the first month next season (and stays healthy), he'll still be well behind TA and Yoan.  

The only thing that should matter is performance not the amount of at bats he has gotten in the minors. Chris Sale threw 10 innings before being called up the majors, should he have been kept down a year or 2 to pitch more minor league innings?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, JuliusO1274 said:

The only thing that should matter is performance not the amount of at bats he has gotten in the minors. Chris Sale threw 10 innings before being called up the majors, should he have been kept down a year or 2 to pitch more minor league innings?

Lol, wildly different scenarios. 

If he is hitting .400 in AA come June 15th, then we'll talk about rushing him to the big leagues.  

Edited by ChiSox59

12 minutes ago, JuliusO1274 said:

Good point.

1 hour ago, ChiSox59 said:

Lol, wildly different scenarios. 

If he is hitting .400 in AA come June 15th, then we'll talk about rushing him to the big leagues.  

Why 400? Why does he need to do something unseen?

If he dominates and is 50-60% better than the league again, or better, theres zero reason to keep him there.

• Like 1