May 1 vs O's straight doubleheader 3:10 PM start time

Tnetennba

3 minutes ago, fathom said:

Pitching sucks...both teams would be getting demolished by a quality squad today. Orioles pitching keeps hanging pitches and Sox do nothing with it

Figured. I still think they have some potential with Kopech/Cease/Lopez/Giolito but I'm starting to sour on Rodon. He struggles to get through 5 innings. He's becoming the LHP version of Rich Harden. I don't really think they can count on him anymore. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

Just now, Jack Parkman said:

Figured. I still think they have some potential with Kopech/Cease/Lopez/Giolito but I'm starting to sour on Rodon. He struggles to get through 5 innings. He's becoming the LHP version of Rich Harden. I don't really think they can count on him anymore. 

But didn’t Harden actually shut down the opposition?  He would have been golden in this era.

2 minutes ago, fathom said:

But didn’t Harden actually shut down the opposition?  He would have been golden in this era.

Not always. He was typicaly good for 4-5 innings and 1-3 ER. He'd have games where he was outright unhittable for 5 innings, but Rodon has those too. Lots of walks, lots of pitches, an ERA around 4.00 and roughly 140 innings/160 K  during a healthy-ish season for Harden 

Edited by Jack Parkman

I can't believe how Moncada and Anderson can't hit the O's pitching staff. Makes me a little concerned about the remainder of the season for both players. They both struggled in Baltimore, and now at home too. I was about to gloat about Moncada to my buddies, and now I'm going to hold off for another month. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

1 hour ago, Sox80 said:

Who exactly did I talk trash to? I'm disappointed with rodons career so far. I didn't call anybody else a troll.

Just tone it down. The world has not ended yet. 

5 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

I can't believe how Moncada and Anderson can't hit the O's pitching staff. Makes me a little concerned about the remainder of the season for both players. They both struggled in Baltimore, and now at home too. I was about to gloat about Moncada to my buddies, and now I'm going to hold off for another month. 

What a strange thing to base this one.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GermanSoxFan said:

What a strange thing to base this one.

If  a guy can't hit the worst pitching staff in the majors, wouldn't you pause a bit? 

Fucking great. Now Herrera joining in the bullpen suckage. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

13 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Disgusting that this game wasn't blown open by the Sox hitters long ago. Rickie doesn't help.

this. on the brink of pissing this win away...

2 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

If you can't hit the worst pitching staff in the majors, wouldn't you pause a bit? 

You won't wait a month if Moncada goes 5 for his next 10 you'll be singing his praises. You are like an emotional yo-yo.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2