May 1 vs O's straight doubleheader 3:10 PM start time

Tnetennba

3 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Also one more thing for this comment .If you use 30 teams and only 4 starters per team that's 120 starters. The fact that so many of those 120  didnt even qualify for that stat means they got what they wanted. 63 out of 120 1-4 starters couldn't even qualify ? Seems pretty odd or just reinforces the fact there were very few innings eaters they could've got for just a year. Rightly or wrongly that's the way they wanted to go.

Dude, Hahn traded a prospect for Nova and his $9 million, he has looked terrible, he is looking like a T-ball stand tonight, and has an ERA around 8 and a half.  How can you possibly be defending the move still?  It was bad.  Nova may not even make it through the season still on the team.

No one wants an innings-eater with an ERA of 8.50.  Why not just start Covey at that point?

Edited by Harper2Sox
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Jose Abreu said:

Stephens has like a 9 ERA in AAA. Bring up Lambert or Flores honestly.

Lambert and Flores won't be up this year. Nova has a 9 ERA with no upside. Stephens can't do much worse and could surprise. It's a tank year anyways. 

Just now, OneDog847 said:

Lambert and Flores won't be up this year. Nova has a 9 ERA with no upside. Stephens can't do much worse and could surprise. It's a tank year anyways. 

I mentioned Covey and I actually think I'd rather see him.  Pretty sad.

1 minute ago, Harper2Sox said:

Dude, Hahn traded a prospect for Nova and his $9 million, he has looked terrible, he is looking like a T-ball stand tonight, and has an ERA around 8 and a half.  How can you possibly be defending the move still?  It was bad.  Nova may not even make it through the season still on the team.

I'm not defending the move. I'm saying Hahn got what he wanted. Only time will tell if he has some positive regression.

3 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

I'm not defending the move. I'm saying Hahn got what he wanted. Only time will tell if he has some positive regression.

Hahn wanted to give up a prospect and $9 million for an "innings eater" with a 8.50 ERA?  If that's what Hahn wanted, he's an even worse GM than I already think.

The truth is, he chose poorly with Nova.  Just like he did with Yonder Alonso, Jon Jay, and Ervin Santana.  He spent around $22+ million on crap.

Edited by Harper2Sox

2 minutes ago, Harper2Sox said:

I mentioned Covey and I actually think I'd rather see him.  Pretty sad.

Yep. Give Covey another chance over Nova. 

Outside of Cease there are are no legit arms down at Charlotte. That is no bueno

Just now, OneDog847 said:

Yep. Give Covey another chance over Nova. 

Outside of Cease there are are no legit arms down at Charlotte. That is no bueno

Covey definitely has better stuff than both Nova and Santana.  Covey is worth another shot if they had/have no problem wasting starts on Santana and Nova.

2 minutes ago, Harper2Sox said:

Hahn wanted to give up a prospect and $9 million for an "innings eater" with a 8.50 ERA?  If that's what Hahn wanted, he's an even worse GM than I already think.

The truth is, he chose poorly with Nova.  Just like he did with Yonder Alonso, Jon Jay, and Ervin Santana.  He spent around $22+ million on crap.

He obviously didn't want him to have an 8.5 ERA that's just silly to say. Anybody better would've cost more and been for more than a year. If you go cheaper then you get to chose maybe 2 injured guys like Miley and Pomeranz who together would ve cost just as much as Nova. Obviously they chose the healthy guy.

high school shortstops make that play.  Dip the shoulder, bury your head in the mitt and then pick up the throw.   I swear to god I watch fielding guru's work with major leaguers and they get better and our guys cant even work a basic defense at times.  Our development staff sucks.   

Just now, fathom said:

Nah...but I’ve heard good things about their new front office

Yeah, but their rebuild is gonna take a long time. They don’t have the luxury of having Sale Q and Eaton. Their farm system kinda sucks and Chris Davis is still there.

Just now, GermanSoxFan said:

Yeah, but their rebuild is gonna take a long time. They don’t have the luxury of having Sale Q and Eaton. Their farm system kinda sucks and Chris Davis is still there.

For sure, and they have the beast of the AL East to contend with 

1 minute ago, OneDog847 said:

It's days like today that show how far the Sox still have to go in this rebuilding process. They ain't that much better than Baltimore which is basically a AAAA team. This team is still 2-3 years away from competing. 

If that is true, Moncada and Lopez are going to make nice trade pieces when they have to start over in 2022.