May 1 vs O's straight doubleheader 3:10 PM start time

Tnetennba

1 minute ago, mqr said:

And you only think they don’t because you’re cranky. They do those things. I promise you. 

Not sure about Ricky, but they supposedly did less pregame infield than anyone under Ventura

Just now, Jose Abreu said:

Enjoy AAA, Thyago. Meanwhile we're gonna keep Fulmer up so that he can set the MLB record for walks by a reliever. 

Viera would probably put up a fight in that regard if you gave him enough run. 

1 minute ago, southsideirish71 said:

That cant be.  I was assured that they really work on defense by a poster here.  

Wishful thinking.  To trust anyone within the Sox front office to their scouting department to their coaching staff is a ridiculous assumption considering their performance.

Edited by Harper2Sox

5 minutes ago, GermanSoxFan said:

Getting swept by the Orioles in a DH is not an epic failure, that’s just dumb hyperbole which can be found in abundance here.

The Orioles are supposed to be historically bad. You don't think that losing both games of a DH to them is an epic failure? Splitting is acceptable for where the Sox are at but they are about to go 2-4 vs the worst team since the 2003 Tigers. 

1 minute ago, southsideirish71 said:

That cant be.  I was assured that they really work on defense by a poster here.  

Just like how there’s no reason our catchers have been so bad....yet Omar said they didn’t even teach some basic framing skills

• Like 1

Just now, fathom said:

Just like how there’s no reason our catchers have been so bad....yet Omar said they didn’t even teach some basic framing skills

Omar magically improves.  I mean it's not rocket science here.  Our GM also gave up Tatis Jr. for a 5.31 ERA.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, fathom said:

I think it’s Juan Minaya

If you didn't have such a good sense of humor you might be insufferable . But you are pretty funny and don;t resort to insults so that makes you a good guy to discuss baseball with when pretty much everyone gets a little hotheaded when you challenge them.

Just now, Jack Parkman said:

The Orioles are supposed to be historically bad. You don't think that losing both games of a DH to them is an epic failure? Splitting is acceptable for where the Sox are at but they are about to go 2-4 vs the worst team since the 2003 Tigers. 

The White Sox took two out of three from the Yankees in New York. Shit like that happens all the time.

Just now, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

If you didn't have such a good sense of humor you might be insufferable . But you are pretty funny and don;t resort to insults so that makes you a good guy to discuss baseball with when pretty much everyone gets a little hotheaded when you challenge them.

Thanks...I think

Just now, GermanSoxFan said:

The White Sox took two out of three from the Yankees in New York. Shit like that happens all the time.

Preach. It's baseball, not football. I'll never understand the people who get upset over these things. The Sox swept the 90 win Rays in Tampa last summer, too. 

3 minutes ago, GermanSoxFan said:

I'm just frustrated that there is improvement in the micro level (individual players) but it isn't helping improvement at the macro level (wins) 

Edited by Jack Parkman

4 minutes ago, Jose Abreu said:

Preach. It's baseball, not football. I'll never understand the people who get upset over these things. The Sox swept the 90 win Rays in Tampa last summer, too. 

I know.  Read above post. 

You're seeing individual players taking steps forward but it isn't translating into wins yet. I hope it does sooner rather than later 

Edited by Jack Parkman

2 minutes ago, flavum said:

Cease, Robert, Madrigal, and Collins can't get here soon enough. 

I think the first will be Collins but it's all dependent on Alonso either starting to hit so he gets traded or being so bad that he gets cut.