May 1 vs O's straight doubleheader 3:10 PM start time

Tnetennba

Jack, Frank Thomas was a 1.05-1.1 OPS player from 1991-1997. He was a .900+ OPS player for the rest of his career. 

vs the Cubs he was way worse than his career splits

the point you are straining yourself to miss is that small sample sizes vs one team mean nothing 

• Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, Soxfest said:

Fulmer days in Sox uniform may not last much longer, he has had numerous chances.

The fragile egos in Reinsdorf's FO will have a hard time dealing with yet another less than stellar first round draft pick.

1 minute ago, Greg Hibbard said:

Jack, Frank Thomas was a 1.05-1.1 OPS player from 1991-1997. He was a .900+ OPS player for the rest of his career. 

vs the Cubs he was way worse than his career splits

the point you are straining yourself to miss is that small sample sizes vs one team mean nothing 

Ok fine. You win. Can't argue with that. 

Just now, ScooterMcGee said:

Damn for this team's sake they really need to take this game back against the worst team in the league.

If they lose this one I have zero faith that they'll take game 2. The bullpen is already beat to hell. 

It’s all good. I was a little defensive. 

To your larger point Jack, I’m much more concerned about TA than Moncada, because he still hasn’t learned how to take walks. Moncada truly looks like he has turned the corner because he has cut that K rate down dramatically and his advanced stats bear out significantly better results from a change in how aggressive his approach is. TA needs to learn how to be a little less aggressive. I could see him losing 100 points off his batting average in the next three weeks

4 minutes ago, Greg Hibbard said:

It’s all good. I was a little defensive. 

To your larger point Jack, I’m much more concerned about TA than Moncada, because he still hasn’t learned how to take walks. Moncada truly looks like he has turned the corner because he has cut that K rate down dramatically and his advanced stats bear out significantly better results from a change in how aggressive his approach is. TA needs to learn how to be a little less aggressive. I could see him losing 100 points off his batting average in the next three weeks

TA is a hacker. He's always going to be hot and cold. I don't think that you can teach a hitter like him to have Moncada's patience. To your larger point, I agree in general. Moncada is more "real" than TA. 

I just have a little PTSD with Moncada because he was awesome to start last year too, and then he got hurt a week into May and sucked until September upon his return. I mean, outs are outs. Are infield popups any better than Ks? Not really.

Edited by Jack Parkman