May 1 vs O's straight doubleheader 3:10 PM start time

Tnetennba

2 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Just gonna throw this out there  . Hey Delmonico threw out a fast runner attempting to tag up from 1st base on a deep fly ball. Cal Ripken told me that wasn't a winning baseball strategy.Guess he was right.

Well the trail runner didn’t pass him, as he’s supposed to 😊

9 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Just gonna throw this out there  . Hey Delmonico threw out a fast runner attempting to tag up from 1st base on a deep fly ball. Cal Ripken told me that wasn't a winning baseball strategy.Guess he was right.

Runner was slower than Tim Anderson 😉

Just now, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Can't pass him on an out. LOL that was my weak attempt to bait our Jose ABreu The Poster into rekindling our argument. I had enough of it in that thread.

Mission successful lol

15 minutes ago, Jose Abreu said:

Runner was slower than Tim Anderson 😉

I'm glad you're taking it gracefully and with a sense of humor. The other guy Blanco Sox was getting hot under the collar so I chose to ignore his arguments which frankly were weak.

I know I came off as pompous with my whole Learn baseball and think schtick and I am sorry for that but it's no diffrerent than everyone telling me it's baseball 101 and anyone who argues it is dumb. Have to fight fire with fire sometimes. I'd be amenable to discussing that play again in PM but you probably had enough of it. But you are a good poster .

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside

24 minutes ago, Harper2Sox said:

Don't worry everyone. Ricky will eventually be replaced by Omar Vizquel...  who.also.loves.bunting.

Awww, hell.  Fuck it all.

Alex Cora would have been perfect. He speaks Spanish and is very much in tone with todays game.

26 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

I'm glad you're taking it gracefully and with a sense of humor. The other guy Blanco Sox was getting hot under the collar so I chose to ignore his arguments which frankly were weak.

I know I came off as pompous with my whole Learn baseball and think schtick and I am sorry for that but it's no diffrerent than everyone telling me it's baseball 101 and anyone who argues it is dumb. Have to fight fire with fire sometimes. I'd be amenable to discussing that play again in PM but you probably had enough of it. But you are a good poster .

Nah you're good, no need to apologize. I know that the learn baseball stuff was more directed to the other guy anyway. I still disagree with you, and not sure I'd like to discuss it further since I highly doubt it would get anywhere (given how much we have already tried). I have no issues with a disagreement like that, as long as it doesn't get personal, which it didn't since you're a good poster too 

Edited by Jose Abreu
  • Like 1

I don't think there was one person at the game or watching it on TV that saw the bunt attempt by Rondon and said, "Ah, good strategy."  Trying to bunt there, with a pinch hitter, is dumb enough, but to do so in the 9th inning of a double-header after your bullpen has been decimated is a fire-able offense.  I haven't been as hard on RR as others, but that had to be the worst piece of managing I've seen in a long time.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, hogan873 said:

I don't think there was one person at the game or watching it on TV that saw the bunt attempt by Rondon and said, "Ah, good strategy."  Trying to bunt there, with a pinch hitter, is dumb enough, but to do so in the 9th inning of a double-header after your bullpen has been decimated is a fire-able offense.  I haven't been as hard on RR as others, but that had to be the worst piece of managing I've seen in a long time.

Agree with you on everything but bold.  Rondon was merely a L/R swap.  Maybe because he is a .225 career hitter, he bunts better than he bats swinging away. 

12 minutes ago, SCCWS said:

Agree with you on everything but bold.  Rondon was merely a L/R swap.  Maybe because he is a .225 career hitter, he bunts better than he bats swinging away. 

I can see that rationale.  However, my thinking was that with 1 out and a runner on third (and no force plays), a fly ball or a grounder to the right side ties the game.  That would seem to be a higher percentage success than trying a safety squeeze.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, hogan873 said:

I can see that rationale.  However, my thinking was that with 1 out and a runner on third (and no force plays), a fly ball or a grounder to the right side ties the game.  That would seem to be a higher percentage success than trying a safety squeeze.

I was surprised the hitter wasn't McCann instead of Rondon.  Also, Eaton showed us why people have a hard time giving up on him.  His defense and speed are elite.

1 hour ago, poppysox said:

I was surprised the hitter wasn't McCann instead of Rondon.  Also, Eaton showed us why people have a hard time giving up on him.  His defense and speed are elite.

😂

1 hour ago, poppysox said:

If Engel could hit like Eaton, he’d be starting in CF everyday.