MAY 1ST... A NEW START

poppysox

This would be a great day to win two and get back to .500 and start the push to the Central Division title.  Been playing much better lately with improved lineup as we discover McCann is an offensive force along with Abreu, Moncada, Anderson, etc.  With Robert, Cease & Madrigal available when needed … we just need to stay close to Minnesota and Cleveland for the next couple of months.  The corner has been turned I think.  I know this is optimistic but that's the point.  Looking forward to each game instead of giving up is what I choose.  

• Like 2

The offense is there.  The back end of the bullpen looks great. 

What will we get from our starting pitching the rest of the way?  If that was anywhere close to the real Lopez on Sunday, I share in your enthusiasm about this season a lot more.

In my humble opinion though, no matter what is happening this is not the year to trade away prospects to try to "go for it"

This team is exciting, that's for sure.  I forgot how bad they were at the beginning of the tear last year...8-19 is bad.  I still don't think, however, that they can compete for the division yet.  Half of the offense looks really good, a few others look okay, and a few look awful.  Back end of the bullpen looks awesome.  Starting pitching will be the biggest hurdle to conquer.

• Like 2

If Eloy comes back in 2-4 weeks with Robert and we are within striking distance of .500, then a wild card play-off bid would not be entirely out of the question.

OT:  The real Baltimore Orioles arrived on my lot and in  the  Chicago area today.   Cut some oranges in half and put them outside and some grape jelly.  Then watch the Sox win two today.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wegner said:

The offense is there.  The back end of the bullpen looks great. 

What will we get from our starting pitching the rest of the way?  If that was anywhere close to the real Lopez on Sunday, I share in your enthusiasm about this season a lot more.

In my humble opinion though, no matter what is happening this is not the year to trade away prospects to try to "go for it"

I agree!  Not at all encouraging "go for it".  Just observing the natural order of things is on the rise.

1 hour ago, Jose Abreu said:

The phrase “a new start” will forever be corrupted in our minds thanks to that show.

For my money, the best sitcom ever made. And Tobias it's best character.

Edited by mqr
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 5/1/2019 at 8:41 AM, tray said:

If Eloy comes back in 2-4 weeks with Robert and we are within striking distance of .500, then a wild card play-off bid would not be entirely out of the question.

OT:  The real Baltimore Orioles arrived on my lot and in  the  Chicago area today.   Cut some oranges in half and put them outside and some grape jelly.  Then watch the Sox win two today.

Is this comment serious? The only thing the Sox are playing for this year and likely next year as well is a top 5 draft pick. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, OneDog847 said:

Is this comment serious? The only thing the Sox are playing for this year and likely next year as well is a top 5 draft pick. 

2 games under .500 and in third place. I am not giving up on the season yet.

10 minutes ago, tray said:

2 games under .500 and in third place. I am not giving up on the season yet.

Good for you man. The Sox aren't even trying to compete this year though. They need another top 3 pick a lot more than they need 72 victories. 

15 hours ago, OneDog847 said:

Good for you man. The Sox aren't even trying to compete this year though. They need another top 3 pick a lot more than they need 72 victories. 

I don't think the boys got the memo.  This team has a lot of good things happening lately.  The play of Banuelos and McCann have me thinking very positive thoughts.  These are the kind of players (unexpected) that change a clubs fortunes.