#HireOz

ron883

Ozzie post game comments reinforce the fact that even he has adapted more to today's game than blowhard Ricky Renteria. Ricky hasn't shown the ability to do anything well tbh. We might as well hire a more competent manager with some personality. Hearing Ozzie talk about the rats at Wrigley is better than anything Ricky has done. Bring back Oz!

28 minutes ago, ron883 said:

Ozzie post game comments reinforce the fact that even he has adapted more to today's game than blowhard Ricky Renteria. Ricky hasn't shown the ability to do anything well tbh. We might as well hire a more competent manager with some personality. Hearing Ozzie talk about the rats at Wrigley is better than anything Ricky has done. Bring back Oz!

What did Ozzie say post game?

I seriously cannot believe that people don’t remember how terrible the situation was around Ozzie and his sons in 2009-2011. He’s lucky to even be tangentially involved in Sox business.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Yes, Ricky is terrible due to his love for the bunt and his decisions last night were awful but Ozzie loved the bunt every bit as much when he was coaching the Sox.  He can talk all the BS he wants now but his actions as Sox manager were pretty much aligned with Ricky’s.  They both love bunting and so does the next Sox manager, Omar Vizquel.  It isn’t going to get any better my friends.

Edited by Harper2Sox
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, bmags said:

I seriously cannot believe that people don’t remember how terrible the situation was around Ozzie and his sons in 2009-2011. He’s lucky to even be tangentially involved in Sox business.

This. So much this. As much as I think Ozzie would be a great manager for this group, the chances are zero. 

Edited by Jack Parkman
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, bmags said:

Also there are other people in this world you could hire that don’t believe in bunting constantly. 

Sure, but that’s a pipe dream.  The Sox love to hire cheaper options, especially former players who are already in their organization.  Is there any doubt that the job is Vizquel’s next?

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Harper2Sox said:

Sure, but that’s a pipe dream.  The Sox love to hire cheaper options, especially former players who are already in their organization.  Is there any doubt that the job is Vizquel’s next?

Second guessing the manager is part of being a fan.  I haven't really liked any manager since Al Lopez.  The only reason I liked him was all the grownups told me he was a genius.  Seriously, when the manager calls for a play that works the players get credit.  When the same play doesn't work the managers an idiot.  Nobody looks good when you lose.

2 hours ago, Harper2Sox said:

Yes, Ricky is terrible due to his love for the bunt and his decisions last night were awful but Ozzie loved the bunt every bit as much when he was coaching the Sox.  He can talk all the BS he wants now but his actions as Sox manager were pretty much aligned with Ricky’s.  They both love bunting and so does the next Sox manager, Omar Vizquel.  It isn’t going to get any better my friends.

Clearly based on his recent comments he does not love the bunt.

3 hours ago, bmags said:

Exactly. Not to mention he did a terrible overall job in 2011 because he still thought he was living in 2005. Making a change in managers is going to happen one way or another. The idea is to make the right choice. Ozzie Guillen is not the right choice.

Ozzie quit on the team, b****ed to the media about his contract and salary THAT HE SIGNED and was a revolving door of conflict.

I appreciate the job he did early in his Sox career but he began to believe his press clippings...no thank you.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

Ozzie quit on the team, b****ed to the media about his contract and salary THAT HE SIGNED and was a revolving door of conflict.

I appreciate the job he did early in his Sox career but he began to believe his press clippings...no thank you.

^^^^