#HireOz

ron883

4 hours ago, ron883 said:

Would you take him over Ricky?

Of course. I can't think of anybody I'd want more except Gardy, Girardi, LaRussa or Leyland.  do think he'd have to sign some document indicating he is fired immediately if a committee of three (pick three guys who would be fair like Konerko, Stone, Baines) unanimously ruled that any of his statements were improper as in racist, sexist, too political, etc). If he speaks out of line, the committee of three makes the decision on whether he's fired. If he's fired, his bench coach (Omar Vizquel) is promoted.

11 minutes ago, greg775 said:

Of course. I can't think of anybody I'd want more except Gardy, Girardi, LaRussa or Leyland.  do think he'd have to sign some document indicating he is fired immediately if a committee of three (pick three guys who would be fair like Konerko, Stone, Baines) unanimously ruled that any of his statements were improper as in racist, sexist, too political, etc). If he speaks out of line, the committee of three makes the decision on whether he's fired. If he's fired, his bench coach (Omar Vizquel) is promoted.

I'll pass on a manager I'd be worried about having a grabber in the dugout thank you very much. 

Edit: I actually assumed that Leyland was no longer with us, until just now. 

Edited by mqr
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, greg775 said:

Do you remember how awful Ozzie's lineups were and how he had a fetish for slap hitters?  Do you remember how he quit on the team in the middle of the season to pursue another manager job?  

Why in the world would any so called fan want this bum anywhere close to the Sox?

Edited by chitownsportsfan

7 hours ago, Harper2Sox said:

Yes, Ricky is terrible due to his love for the bunt and his decisions last night were awful but Ozzie loved the bunt every bit as much when he was coaching the Sox.  He can talk all the BS he wants now but his actions as Sox manager were pretty much aligned with Ricky’s.  They both love bunting and so does the next Sox manager, Omar Vizquel.  It isn’t going to get any better my friends.

Ahem, Jim thome is the next manager. Jerry already said Jim will be a manager someday 

4 minutes ago, ron883 said:

It's amazing how quickly people here forget 2005

Getting too much credit for a World Series doesn't give you a lifetime pass to be a douche bag. I was wondering when Ozzie would assume the Mike Ditka character. 

• Like 2

I live in Springfield and Ozzie and Reinsdorf were both at the State Capitol yesterday to lobby for sports betting.  With that, it’s clear from observing from a far that Ozzie is on the Reinsdorf payroll as they were quite chummy.  It’s so ironic that his thread was started as after seeing them together I wondered if there was ever a chance Ozzie would manage the Sox a lot.  People who were with them say he spoke of his son managing in the minors a lot.   

4 hours ago, Lip Man 1 said:

Ozzie quit on the team, b****ed to the media about his contract and salary THAT HE SIGNED and was a revolving door of conflict.

I appreciate the job he did early in his Sox career but he began to believe his press clippings...no thank you.

100% agree!

5 hours ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Do you remember how awful Ozzie's lineups were and how he had a fetish for slap hitters?  Do you remember how he quit on the team in the middle of the season to pursue another manager job?  

Why in the world would any so called fan want this bum anywhere close to the Sox?

I did get upset at the end regarding his Sunday lineups. Felt like we were conceding Sunday games a lotta times. The sight of Ozzie bringing the lineup card to home plate on a sunny day makes me smile though. Ozzie is White Sox thru and thru.

3 hours ago, greg775 said:

I did get upset at the end regarding his Sunday lineups. Felt like we were conceding Sunday games a lotta times. The sight of Ozzie bringing the lineup card to home plate on a sunny day makes me smile though. Ozzie is White Sox thru and thru.

It sounds like he has learned since then. Isn't so pro-bunt obviously, sounds like a more mature person. I hope he gets a shot. Kenny probably hates him though. It's a shame Kenny gets a lifetime contract, but Ozzie gets the raw end of the deal

13 hours ago, greg775 said:

Ozzie let his ego get the best of him.  He turned his back on the Sox and his kids drove me nuts.  No interest!!!

• Like 1

On 5/2/2019 at 7:01 PM, greg775 said:

Every now and then my friends and I will put on clips of Ozzie talking about the rats at Wrigley Field. Always good for a laugh. Ozzie had great sound bites. 

• Like 1

On ‎5‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 8:42 AM, poppysox said:

Ozzie let his ego get the best of him.  He turned his back on the Sox and his kids drove me nuts.  No interest!!!

Every one screws the pooch at one time or another. His first 3-5 years he was the best manager we ever had(Chuck Tanner). I doubt we'll ever bring him back,

but some one else could get an excellent manager on the cheap. He wants another chance, and he'd work for peanuts to get it.

Edited by zisk
grammar

9 minutes ago, zisk said:

Every one screws the pooch at one time or another. His first 3-5 years he was the best manager we ever had(Chuck Tanner). I doubt we'll ever bring him back,

but some one else could get an excellent manager on the cheap. He wants another chance, and he'd work for peanuts to get it.

In my opinion the best manager the Sox ever had was Al Lopez...just look at his record.

34 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

In my opinion the best manager the Sox ever had was Al Lopez...just look at his record.

That may be true. I'm only 57 so I don't remember him. My first Sox memories start with Walt Williams, Carlos May, Bill Melton and managerial wise Chuck Tanner.