Next stretch of games will tell us how good (or bad) this team really is

Greg Hibbard

The wins are nice but it’s also telling that they keep winning in spite of the coaching decisions (i.e. calling for a bunt in the bottom of the 9th inning with Rondon, pinch hitting for Cordell instead of Engel in the 7th, etc)

2 minutes ago, Jose Abreu said:

The wins are nice but it’s also telling that they keep winning in spite of the coaching decisions (i.e. calling for a bunt in the bottom of the 9th inning with Rondon, pinch hitting for Cordell instead of Engel in the 7th, etc)

Renteria is bad.  Really bad.  They need a real manager ASAP.  Joe Girardi is tanned rested and ready man.  Only 54.  Plenty of experience.  Has won in a much tougher environment.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Renteria is bad.  Really bad.  They need a real manager ASAP.  Joe Girardi is tanned rested and ready man.  Only 54.  Plenty of experience.  Has won in a much tougher environment.

He still probably going to be the guy

1 hour ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Loyalty is job requirement #1 in this org.  As long as you toe the company line you can suck and stay on the payroll.

Loyalty is not a bad thing and I admire JR for that.  I predict a promotion for Ricky when JR is ready.

1 hour ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Loyalty is job requirement #1 in this org.  As long as you toe the company line you can suck and stay on the payroll.

3 minutes ago, poppysox said:

Loyalty is not a bad thing and I admire JR for that.  I predict a promotion for Ricky when JR is ready.

It's the lowest of the virtues imo.  Especially in an incredibly cut throat industry filled with smart people.  Was Theo "disloyal" to Boston or is he just a genius level IQ seeking another challenge?  It's obviously the latter. 

Loyalty just got Jim Boylen paid tho, so it pays off in these shit orgs run by JR.