Sawx @ Sox, May 2nd, 7:10pm CT

5 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

They're getting Moncada out by getting him in front of change ups in the middle of the plate. He's been popping up on center cut changes for 10 days now. He has to wait back and crush those. He's identifying them as fastballs. 

He’s not getting early fastballs on a consistent basis.  He doesn’t look awful, just not a lot of hard contact.

2 minutes ago, fathom said:

He’s not getting early fastballs on a consistent basis.  He doesn’t look awful, just not a lot of hard contact.

Yeah, now he has to adjust back. He's getting a ton of soft stuff early for strikes

Edited by Jack Parkman

3 minutes ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

Despite the low 5s ERA, Gio looks like a different pitcher this year. What a pleasant surprise that would be if he turned into a solid #3 moving forward. 

He's got #2 ability  in him if he keeps this up. He's never going to be the Sox #1 with Kopech and Cease here. 

Edited by Jack Parkman
  • Like 1

Just now, Jack Parkman said:

Are you saying that he's on the juice? Go hang with Taylor St Sox. 

Anytime a guy has a sudden breakout at 27-29 it's a possible cause.  I was being mostly tongue in cheek but it never surprises me when a pro athlete gets popped for PEDs.

3 minutes ago, fathom said:

Curveball is his 4th best pitch 

It wasn't before, but it is now. He has no feel for it anymore. 

His slider is nasty too, stick with the curve as a show me pitch. 

Betts and Martinez are wearing him out. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

2 minutes ago, BigHurt3515 said:

Cordell is way back to earth

Yea Price wasn't getting the changeup close and the cutter was in the same place in the zone. As a hitter thats what you want, a pitcher throwing the same pitch in the same spot. Only difference was one cutter was 86 the other 90.

• Kyyle23 unpinned and locked this topic