Sawx @ Sox, May 2nd, 7:10pm CT

3 minutes ago, SoxAce said:

That is what Floyd use to do. But Floyd would also bury it in the dirt if need be too. He had complete control of his curve most of the time. Gio is lucky if he even has half the control most nights. Thats the difference. 

Most of the time when Gio throws a good  one it ends up in the dirt anyway. His issue with the pitch is that he has to hang it to throw a strike with it. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

1 minute ago, Jack Parkman said:

Most of the time when Gio throws a good  one it ends up in the dirt anyway 

True. I see more high... and away... sometimes way away when it's a show me. 

Edited by SoxAce

2 minutes ago, JoshPR said:

Gavin Floyd had a nasty curve. Too bad he never really figured it out and couldn't stay healhty

Him and Jenks had 2 of the better ones I've seen with us. Butter Parque had a pretty one.. but it was loopy. 

Edited by SoxAce

Just now, SoxAce said:

Him and Jenks had 2 of the better ones I've seen. Butter Parque had a pretty one.. but it was loopy. 

Jenks curve was only good because of his 100 mph cheese. Once Jenks started throwing 96 his curve lost a lot of effectiveness. 

1 minute ago, Jack Parkman said:

Jenks curve was only good because of his 100 mph cheese. Once Jenks started throwing 96 his curve lost a lot of effectiveness. 

Once he started throwing 96, all of his pitches lost effectiveness lol. He had a legit 12-6 one though when he was a hot head in the Angels system (and his rookie season/first couple of years).

Edited by SoxAce

4 minutes ago, SoxAce said:

Once he started throwing 96, all of his pitches lost effectiveness lol. He had a legit 12-6 one though when he was a hot head in the Angels system (and his rookie season/first couple of years).

Ya true. 

• Kyyle23 unpinned and locked this topic