Rodon to IL; Giolito activated

ChiSox59

14 minutes ago, Chisox378 said:

This is a win the division year baby!

Rodon went to the 10 day DL - why is everyone saying he is mince meat for the season?

Because they are White Sox fans. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, OneDog847 said:

I get what you are saying but why waste those bullets in a lost season? 

Ultimately I am fine wiht them being aggressive with Cease.  There is no way in hell the Sox are waiting until May 2020 to call him up, so whether they call him up in 2 weeks or in September, its the same result.  So in that case, I'd rather use those innings towards the big league club.  

That being said, I'd like to see him get a couple more starts in AAA with a little higher pitch count and try to work through 6 innings a few times, and then give him the call.  

Edited by ChiSox59

42 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

And this is the reason no matter what we’re adding a starter this offseason.  Rodon has shown he can’t go through a season without some arm injury, whether minor or major.

Time to change those predictions for the next 24 games or use this info to make a prediction if you haven't already.

• Like 1

Also, at this point... Charlotte has turned as absurd as PCL baseball. Cease could very possibly have a lower ERA at the big league level than in Charlotte because of how hitter friendly that league is. 

For a reference point - look at Syndergaards AAA numbers vs his MLB numbers.

Edited by Look at Ray Ray Run

8 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Ultimately I am fine wiht them being aggressive with Cease.  There is no way in hell the Sox are waiting until May 2020 to call him up, so whether they call him up in 2 weeks or in September, its the same result.  So in that case, I'd rather use those innings towards the big league club.  

That being said, I'd like to see him get a couple more starts in AAA with a little higher pitch count and try to work through 6 innings a few times, and then give him the call.  

They're going to limit him in general this year. They should limit him at the big league level. They're not really trying to push his pitch count or innings high in a single start.

Just now, Sox80 said:

I wish I don't know if he's ready or not. I'm really intrigued and cautiously optimistic about his upside.

He would actually be a classic early call up candidate.

Hes older - 24

Has thrown 150 innings in a season 

Has + command

Has made a significant adjustment already in his career to become successful 

Has performed well at AA for about 50 innings.

Isn't a big prospect who would feel added pressure.

51 minutes ago, Sockin said:

lol cut him out of future plans. 

Between his being made of glass and his agent (Boris)  I'd get what I could and move on.  Just want to end up empty handed.  His value would be pretty good since he has several more years of control.  Just seems guys like this go from one issue to the next.

1 minute ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

He would actually be a classic early call up candidate.

Hes older - 24

Has thrown 150 innings in a season 

Has + command

Has made a significant adjustment already in his career to become successful 

Has performed well at AA for about 50 innings.

Isn't a big prospect who would feel added pressure.

exactly he would be a perfect call-up option for the Sox right now. He would also add a little bit of excitement .

8 minutes ago, Jake said:

Players often need to play in MLB to be ready for it. Let him take his lumps now rather than at a time where the wins are really important.

Agreed. When's that going to be? 

Man what a bummer. One comes off the IL, then another goes on. Yeah, might be time to cut ties eoth Carlos if it is indeed Tommy John. I doubt the recovery process timeline will fit the Sox plans for contention.

I also just think they are done dumpster diving for starters. Next year theoretically we start out with Lopez, Gio, Cease and Kopech. I think either they sign a real good SP out of FA, which will Im sure require a contract worth many years past a potential Rodon return, they trade some of their OF prospects for one, or maybe Banuelps turns into the next Q or something and they go with him.

Also, Covey just has 9 lives man. Him and Engel, wow.

Edited by ScooterMcGee