Rodon to IL; Giolito activated

ChiSox59

1 hour ago, fathom said:

I don’t see why Cooper still is around. Pitchers underperforming and dropping like flies.  

That's not the way things work.. but you already knew that considering you've been posting on this and WSI since before me. Just a weird, weird post my man. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Chisoxmb35 said:

That's not the way things work.. but you already knew that considering you've been posting on this and WSI since before me. Just a weird, weird post my man. 

Never was on WSI...and still waiting for any argument on why Cooper should still be around.

21 minutes ago, pcq said:

You say the silliest things. Of course the team has the right to do testing. Many teams have equipment at the ball yard.

No they don't. They cannot force you to have an MRI. If you say you want to give it 7-10 days that's what is going to happen. Not sure why that's silly. Not sure why you think any employer in the country can force you to any medical exam without your consent.

1 minute ago, Harper2Sox said:

Yep, I heard him talking about it on The Score.  You can tell he is thinking TJ.

he literally said so. I'm surprised this quote hasn't been posted yet.

“Anything's on the table to fix the issue,” Rodon said. “Honestly, I'm only 26 years old, luckily, and hopefully I can play this game for 10 more years. So, I'm still fairly young. If it's Tommy John, so be it to get me back on this field.”

https://www.mlb.com/news/carlos-rodon-placed-on-injured-list

3 hours ago, Sleepy Harold said:

paging @ptatc for an explanation please and thank you

It means the MRI showed a great deal of white (fluid) in the area of the origin of the muscles which flex the fingers and wrist.  These muscles are the only thing keeping stress off the UCL. In other words at least a mild injury to the UCL, probably a moderate one.

Doesn't look good.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Most easily relatable.. this is possibly a case of tennis elbow.

When you strain your flexor mass as a regular Joe - we call it tennis elbow.

Golfers elbow is this one on the inside of the elbow. Tennis elbow is in the outside in the extensor muscle mass.

2 minutes ago, ptatc said:

It means the MRI showed a great deal of white (fluid) in the area of the origin of the muscles which flex the fingers and wrist.  These muscles are the only thing keeping stress off the UCL. In other words at least a mild injury to the UCL, probably a moderate one.

Doesn't look good.

I'm just so confounded by all the pitcher surgeries. I can't really get excited about any pitching prospect anymore because of this. I guess there are some freaks of nature out there still but it's just a matter of time for starting pitchers. Look ... all college pitchers who are drafted should IMMEDIATELY be in the big leagues. Why waste those pitches in the minors??? A pitcher has only so many pitches before surgery. You tell me they need seasoning? Yeah right. The NBA is playing guys who should be sophomores in college. Just pitch the good ones in the bigs immediately. Cause the clock is ticking on all of them regarding surgery.

2 hours ago, Jake said:

I wonder if the swelling has prevented them from getting good images of the elbow and/or good manual tests of the ligaments and muscles involved

This is the case. The hands on tests are what they are going by.

12 minutes ago, ptatc said:

Doesn't look good.

Consider this Rodon’s death sentence.

3 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Consider this Rodon’s death sentence.

I wouldn't go that far  UCL reconstruction is pretty easy to come back from.

Until he changes that awful follow through he will continue to have issues though.

If I were the Sox, I'd demand every lefty pitcher copy Mark Buehrle and his fluid pitching motion as well as pace of pitching. Fast.

For a righty? I'd demand they look up tapes of Ferguson Jenkins and his fluid pitching motion as well as pace of pitching. Fast. There has to be a way to cut down on all these arm injuries.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, ptatc said:

Until he changes that awful follow through he will continue to have issues though.

Sorry, I meant with the White Sox.  I’m assuming he can come back from this, but the most we’ll get out of him now is one year and by then hopefully we’ve moved on by then.

2 minutes ago, ptatc said:

Still though, if he's out til mid-2020 at the earliest, then the White Sox have him for 1 year before he hits free agency. 

The only real downside to this is that we can't potentially trade him at the deadline this year. Honestly the ship has really sailed on him being dominant in this league. And he can think he has ten years left in this league just the same way that all those banner ads tell me I can grow 3 inches in a month!!

• Haha 2