Tim Anderson AL Player of the Month

Buehrle>Wood

Stupid Sox.  Taking a guy out of Juco in the 1st round.  Kenny loves his athletes! His defense is terrible!  Poor scouting!  Oh great, Rick signed him to an extension- waste of money!  This organization is a complete joke!

the Sox can’t identify young talent!

• Like 3
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, Jerksticks said:

Stupid Sox.  Taking a guy out of Juco in the 1st round.  Kenny loves his athletes! His defense is terrible!  Poor scouting!  Oh great, Rick signed him to an extension- waste of money!  This organization is a complete joke!

When people talk about the team's drafting, this pick is conveniently ignored. From a value standpoint to date, it's one of the best picks in that entire draft. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Jose Abreu said:

When people talk about the team's drafting, this pick is conveniently ignored. From a value standpoint to date, it's one of the best picks in that entire draft. 

Yes.  And one of the ballsiest 1st round picks this organization ever took.  There was like zero track record on him.  

10 minutes ago, Jerksticks said:

Yes.  And one of the ballsiest 1st round picks this organization ever took.  There was like zero track record on him.  

He's the most extreme version of picks that get criticized as being 'pure athletes'. Worked out alright.

Edited by mqr

3 minutes ago, Greg Hibbard said:

I am really happy but kind of shocked. There were four or five AL players with better OPS than Tim at month end. Maybe it was the total package.

These awards, unless someone goes on a crazy power streak, tend to go to guys with good #battingaverage 

1 hour ago, Jerksticks said:

Post of the effing year right here. To you sir, I give a toast 🍻

48 minutes ago, Jose Abreu said:

These awards, unless someone goes on a crazy power streak, tend to go to guys with good #battingaverage 

Five tool players are rare.  Tim is really flashing all the tools this year.

19 minutes ago, greg775 said:

Tim has drawn two walks this series which is good. I love Timmy Anderson and think he'll be an all star this season.

His contact hasn't really regressed, but his BABIP is starting to drop a little, as expected. Just the luck evening out. So it's definitely encouraging to see him walk in the meantime. I think our all-stars will be Abreu and one of Anderson/Moncada, with the other getting snubbed. I guess Colome or Herrera could be in that conversation too. 

On 5/2/2019 at 3:45 PM, ChiSox59 said:

Much deserved.

Now don't fall off a cliff, Timmy. 

That's my biggest worry.  I'm afraid that April was just an aberration, and Anderson (and Moncada) will come back down to Earth sooner rather than later.

4 minutes ago, Donaldo said:

That's my biggest worry.  I'm afraid that April was just an aberration, and Anderson (and Moncada) will come back down to Earth sooner rather than later.

It was an aberration in the sense that Anderson isn't gonna be a .375 hitter. He's already well below that. But even in this "slump" of sorts, he's still making pretty good contact.