Tim Anderson AL Player of the Month

Buehrle>Wood

I love Timmy completely. Should I forget about his walk totals? Are they pretty inconsequential? greg needs an education on whether I should care if Timmy walks much. GO SOX! Nice crowd today, fans. Take a bow.

• Haha 1

Anderson deserves the award and has shown what a talented player he is. But he needs to learn to field his position. He should realize that making the routine play is most important. Get one before worrying about two. And stop throwing the ball all over the place. He has a lot to learn. Learn it. This is a rebuild, after all.

13 hours ago, greg775 said:

I love Timmy completely. Should I forget about his walk totals? Are they pretty inconsequential? greg needs an education on whether I should care if Timmy walks much. GO SOX! Nice crowd today, fans. Take a bow.

Look what one off week did to Anderson's average and OPS. Walks don't slump Greg. But bats do. 

If Tim wants to be a consistent and complete hitter, he needs to walk more. 3-5% walk rates aren't gonna get it done unless he hits .300. 

7 minutes ago, chw42 said:

Look what one off week did to Anderson's average and OPS. Walks don't slump Greg. But bats do. 

If Tim wants to be a consistent and complete hitter, he needs to walk more. 3-5% walk rates aren't gonna get it done unless he hits .300. 

The way he has been hitting, he should walk more because teams my pitch around him. 

Tim has reverted back to swinging at some garbage pitches the last week / week and ago or so.  Hopefully he can snap out of it.  With his inability to take a walk, he really needs to hit like .275 plus to be a meaningful offensive contributor.