Covey to Rotation (for Rodon)

ChiSox59

Just now, Sox80 said:

Not a surprise but it's annoying. They already know that guy's trash. I guess Jimmy Lambert's will have to be 30 when he gets called up for the Sox.

I seriously don't get it. They should be throwing a new guy out there every time someone goes down, not recycling the trash. 

• Like 2

I really don't mind Covey as a long man in the pen but as a regular in the rotation?....I think I would rather be tied to a chair and forced to listen to the Kars for Kids jingle on a constant loop than watch him face a lineup more than once

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, mqr said:

I seriously don't get it. They should be throwing a new guy out there every time someone goes down, not recycling the trash. 

Simple. Its called tanking/losing on purpose. Cease would be pitching for virtually every MLB team now.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, WBWSF said:

Simple. Its called tanking/losing on purpose. Cease would be pitching for virtually every MLB team now.

What other option is there besides tanking if JR isn't willing to open up the checkbook? The tanking is far from over it appears. 

33 minutes ago, OneDog847 said:

What other option is there besides tanking if JR isn't willing to open up the checkbook? The tanking is far from over it appears. 

We could be like the Rays and actually get a good scouting Department and better coaches to develop players. 

• Like 1

This Sunday is family Sunday at the park. The weather is going to be in the 70s. The World Champion Red Sox are the opponents. This would be the perfect day to pitch Cease. You would have a tremendous walkup crowd. You would easily have 30,000 people there. Instead Covey is starting the game.

19 minutes ago, WBWSF said:

This Sunday is family Sunday at the park. The weather is going to be in the 70s. The World Champion Red Sox are the opponents. This would be the perfect day to pitch Cease. You would have a tremendous walkup crowd. You would easily have 30,000 people there. Instead Covey is starting the game.

This is like the most annoying thing ever. Covey better pitch against Boston on Sunday like he did last year. One of the things I hate the most are the Sox flopping in front of big crowds, and it seems like they do it often. Opening day this year was a nice treat though.

57 minutes ago, Sox80 said:

We could be like the Rays and actually get a good scouting Department and better coaches to develop players. 

This + 1000000

Take the $250 million you were absurdly dangling for one player and buyout the entire Rays front office, development,  and scouting department. 

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Sox80 said:

Much easier said than done. Also, isn't this something that probably should have been done before the Sox decided to rebuild? 

Edited by OneDog847

1 minute ago, OneDog847 said:

Much easier said than done. Also, isn't this something that probably should have been done before the Sox decided to rebuild? 

yes it should have been done a while ago. I was only responding to you saying what other options do the Sox have. I thought that would be a good one that's all.

3 hours ago, justBLAZE said:

Hahn said Sox might look outside organization for pitching help, with Rodon on IL per Andy Masur on twitter.

Do we really want Hahn to go fishing for more starters?  He did so well with Nova and Santana...

11 minutes ago, Harper2Sox said:

Do we really want Hahn to go fishing for more starters?  He did so well with Nova and Santana...

This year doesn't matter and they need another veteran to potentially eat innings. Wouldn't surprise in the least if they bring back big game James Shields.