And that's a 2nd straight White Sox Walk Off Winner !!

1 hour ago, Harper2Sox said:

Yeah, that will no doubt keep up.

Oh he'll come back to earth.  He's playing well offensively and defensively, and the playing time he's getting (50% or so) seems perfect.  If he were playing 75% of the time, we might see a more drastic correction.  For now, I'm going to believe that he's going to have a better year than expected.

17 minutes ago, hogan873 said:

Oh he'll come back to earth.  He's playing well offensively and defensively, and the playing time he's getting (50% or so) seems perfect.  If he were playing 75% of the time, we might see a more drastic correction.  For now, I'm going to believe that he's going to have a better year than expected.

White Sox are now 10-6 in games started by James McCann 🤔

I got home at about 10:30 last night and looked at my phone.  Saw the score and that the Sox were coming up in the bottom of the 9th.  I turned it on just in time to see Moncada swing through a fastball.  I grudgingly continued watching.

Yonder again made a nice adjustment and took a ball the opposite way.  When I saw Nicky come up I was hoping for at least a flay ball deep enough to score Rondon.  Even when he hit it, I said "That'll get the job done."  It did...and more.

Really exciting baseball the past couple days.  This team looks halfway decent at times.  I'll take the heart-stopping last-minute wins any day.

24 minutes ago, hogan873 said:

I got home at about 10:30 last night and looked at my phone.  Saw the score and that the Sox were coming up in the bottom of the 9th.  I turned it on just in time to see Moncada swing through a fastball.  I grudgingly continued watching.

Yonder again made a nice adjustment and took a ball the opposite way.  When I saw Nicky come up I was hoping for at least a flay ball deep enough to score Rondon.  Even when he hit it, I said "That'll get the job done."  It did...and more.

Really exciting baseball the past couple days.  This team looks halfway decent at times.  I'll take the heart-stopping last-minute wins any day.

Getting contributions from some different guys each night.  They really do play like a team.  Recent games have had McCann, Alonso, Delmonico, Banuelos, Engle and others contribute to some nice wins.  These guys weren't even being discussed as meaningful members of the team when the season began.  McCann and Banuelos have shown signs that they are the real deal.

What is most odd to me is that Renteria recently put McGann in the clean up spot, and suddenly he's hitting like a clean up hitter. What did our much maligned manager know and when did he know it? It's as if James said; "OK, I'm a clean up hitter, so now I'm going to mash". Just another reason that I've always loved this game. Who would have ever guessed? I know that it won't last, but it is fun, while it does.

Good job by the bullpen in the late innings.  Our offense continues to score runs but I wish we would get a few walks. Seems like  opponents draw a lot more walks than we do.  Love the 9th inning heroics.  

1 hour ago, aryzner said:

James McCann is playing like he has something to prove. I know he can't keep up the torrid pace but if he continues to have a pretty good year we'll all be happy.

If he has anything approaching a 100 wRC+ that is a very nice signing

Edited by mqr

34 minutes ago, mqr said:

If he has anything approaching a wRC+ that is a very nice signing

And maybe more importantly, he is a significant defensive upgrade.  A good defensive catcher is critical for our young pitching staff. How good do you guys think he is, defensively? He looks very solid, to me.

5 hours ago, aryzner said:

James McCann is playing like he has something to prove. I know he can't keep up the torrid pace but if he continues to have a pretty good year we'll all be happy.

One of those finds you hope for in a rebuild.

6 hours ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

I heard it was the 1st time since 1972 that they CAME FROM BEHIND for 2 walk off wins in a row . SO those ones in 2017 one of the games at least had to be tied going into the 9th.

SportsCenter also said that Boston had won 87 consecutive games in which they were leading after 8 innings.