5/3 Games

4 minutes ago, DirtySox said:

Hansen in for the Dash.

Him pitching against Reetz was an adventure. His first two pitches were waaaaay high according to gameday. Then he pumps two strikes on the outside corner, then throws a ball in the dirt before getting him. Just such a head case. 

4 hours ago, SoxAce said:

Bush OPS nearing .700 which is outstanding considering his horrid start. His development down there is one of the bright spots so far this year. 

Considering the horrid start and that he is 19 in Low-A, I'd take an OPS over .700 at the end of the year. He also had an interesting postgame interview tonight.

"I struggled in the beginning of the season. I couldn't see very well. I got my vision back. I'm seeing the ball very good right now."

I'm not sure if this was literally what he meant, or he meant in the baseball sense, but "I couldn't see very well. I got my vision back" is interesting. If it was something as simple as that, maybe that start was an aberration. Either way, I'm calling his play a big win so far this season.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, danman31 said:

Considering the horrid start and that he is 19 in Low-A, I'd take an OPS over .700 at the end of the year. He also had an interesting postgame interview tonight.

"I struggled in the beginning of the season. I couldn't see very well. I got my vision back. I'm seeing the ball very good right now."

I'm not sure if this was literally what he meant, or he meant in the baseball sense, but "I couldn't see very well. I got my vision back" is interesting. If it was something as simple as that, maybe that start was an aberration. Either way, I'm calling his play a big win so far this season.

He has great bat speed but from videos I've seen, his overall mechanics need a lot of work. I'm sure that's part of his start too, he's at a level where raw tools will only get him so far 

2 hours ago, danman31 said:

Nice find. I notice he's now wearing the "Yolmer" glasses. Maybe that's what he needed.