Hansen to Birmingham

Jack Parkman

8 minutes ago, hi8is said:

Been out of the loop but have they officially determined he’s not going to start again and has been completely resigned to a bullpen arm?

I imagine he gains confidence in the bullpen at AA while they continue to stretch him out, then rotation after the draft?

8 minutes ago, hi8is said:

Been out of the loop but have they officially determined he’s not going to start again and has been completely resigned to a bullpen arm?

I hope not. He can dominate but gets wild some times. A high leverage reliever has to throw strikes. Of course, who knows if his arm can hold up to

pitching 200 innings a year.

25 minutes ago, hi8is said:

They've said he's going to be eased back into the rotation. No indication on when though.

Edited by DirtySox

35 minutes ago, DirtySox said:

I'm not sure it's only a health thing with him.

Then either they shouldn't be promoting him until he's moved back to starting or they shouldn't be planning to move him to starting at all. If he's a permanent reliever, say so. If he's going to be moving back to starting, now that you moved him up, it's time.

25 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

Then either they shouldn't be promoting him until he's moved back to starting or they shouldn't be planning to move him to starting at all. If he's a permanent reliever, say so. If he's going to be moving back to starting, now that you moved him up, it's time.

I think regardless of any of that, he was just too dominant for High-A. Yeah, he still had a high walk rate, but he struck out nearly half the batters he faced and gave up one hit. The batters weren't challenging him. I understand you want a low stress environment for him to work on throwing strikes and repeating his delivery, but there is a limit to that given the numbers he was putting up.

This guy is a major leaguer.  Think we all need to chill out and let the Sox do whatever they think is best to get him back on track and to the show.  

We need to remember that a lot of really smart people with a lot of experience and a lot of really complicated data are all working together to turn Hansen into a consistent beast.  Us jabrones have no fucking clue, whatsoever. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Jerksticks said:

This guy is a major leaguer.  Think we all need to chill out and let the Sox do whatever they think is best to get him back on track and to the show.  

We need to remember that a lot of really smart people with a lot of experience and a lot of really complicated data are all working together to turn Hansen into a consistent beast.  Us jabrones have no fucking clue, whatsoever. 

I gave you a like for all that you said besides your 1st sentence. The stuff might be there for him to be a major leaguer but we all know he has a long road to hoe to actually reach the majors. Would be a huge boost to get him being dominant again as a starter but if he can reach the show as a reliever that's OK too.