Boston @ Chicago, 5/4/19, 6:10, GT

soxfan49

Just now, GermanSoxFan said:

Like the dozens of players that struggled in Chicago only to become stars elsewhere, like....uh....Tyler Flowers I guess?

Marcus Semien? Maybe Narvaez but that’s a bit generous. Agreed that there isn’t a ton of this phenomenon yet 

Just now, Chisox378 said:

Do these players play Fortnight all night or what.... Nobody wants it out there. Fulmer has a great chance to be a starter and now he comes in and stinks, not prepared. Just blown opportunities.

Fulmer is never going to be a starter.  He can't throw enough strikes consistently.  He's a bust and desperately needs a change of scenery.

8 minutes ago, GermanSoxFan said:

Like the dozens of players that struggled in Chicago only to become stars elsewhere, like....uh....Tyler Flowers I guess?

There are going to be a lot of players from this group that get traded and are good players elsewhere. These guys have talent, it is just that the Sox are so far behind the rest of baseball in scouting, both other teams and talent evaluation. Whoever they draft this year *might* be the first core piece for the next Sox playoff team. Trading Sale et al was just a sick practical joke. while they have a good amount of talent here, the best case scenario is getting right back where they started: a 78 win team. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

Just now, fathom said:

Fulmer is never going to be a starter.  He can't throw enough strikes consistently.  He's a bust and desperately needs a change of scenery.

I'm always the "hey it's too early to call ____ a bust" guy. But yeah, you're right. He's so bad

3 minutes ago, Tomtom said:

The sad part of all this will be seeing teams  that started the year behind the Sox in their rebuild pass them by by the end of the season.

Honestly, the Sox might be the furthest away from competing of all rebuilding teams in baseball. I can safely say they're as far away as the Orioles now. 

The Sox had a 2 year head start and 3 great assets to trade and they completely bungled the whole thing. The Tigers and Royals will have passed them by 7/31. 

Edited by Jack Parkman
  • Haha 1

Just now, Jack Parkman said:

Honestly, the Sox might be the furthest away from competing of all rebuilding teams in baseball. I can safely say they're as far away as the Orioles now. 

Nah, Orioles/Marlins/Giants are in for some rough years.  That's not to say though that the rebuild hasn't stalled big time and Hahn should be ashamed with what has taken place.

23 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Hahn shouldn't be shopping anyone. He should be looking for work tomorrow morning. He shouldn't be allowed to make any more baseball decisions. This whole thing is completely fucked. I might go to a game or two this month because I have some free tickets coming, but after that I refuse to go to a game until Hahn is fired. I don't even care about this group of players anymore, because none will be here for the next Sox playoff team. 

Include Williams because his handprint all over this

2 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Sox scouting, development and minor league people suck. They are stuck in the 70s