Boston @ Chicago, 5/4/19, 6:10, GT

soxfan49

2 minutes ago, fathom said:

Nah, Orioles/Marlins/Giants are in for some rough years.  That's not to say though that the rebuild hasn't stalled big time and Hahn should be ashamed with what has taken place.

And the Sox aren't??? I have zero faith in the current Sox "braintrust"(LMFAO) to accomplish jack and shit. At least there is some form of accountability with other organizations. This one is so incredibly dysfunctional. They make GarPax look like super geniuses. 

5 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Honestly, the Sox might be the furthest away from competing of all rebuilding teams in baseball. I can safely say they're as far away as the Orioles now. 

The Sox had a 2 year head start and 3 great assets to trade and they completely bungled the whole thing. The Tigers and Royals will have passed them by 7/31. 

That might be the hottest take I have ever seen.  🔥

Nothing has ever been more fitting though of Sox pitching getting shelled while Garland talks about how much Cooper helped him and the other pitchers back in the early 2000s.

Man has the game passed him by. It's really amazing he's still here after stuff he did nearly 15 years ago. 

1 minute ago, Jack Parkman said:

No he means scouting and baseball knowledge. Their average win total might be in the 50s and 60s for the foreseeable future. 

Would you be interested in placing a bet on this? I'd like to bet that the Sox win 60 or more games in 2019

2 minutes ago, SoxAce said:

Man has the game passed him by. It's really amazing he's still here after stuff he did nearly 15 years ago. 

The results speak for themselves.  Any other team would have fired a pitching coach that underachieved as much as his pitching has the last few years.

Just look at the Tigers, Royals and O's rosters. Even their scrubs are better than the Sox scrubs. 

Well yeah, they've had a ton of games against the White Sox pitchers.  I will say that Mondesi looks like a star and Dozier is hitting the crap out of the ball.

Edited by fathom

1 minute ago, JoshPR said:

I agree the game has passed by coop. The thing is the sox got some good arms. 

Do they though? I have a feeling in 2023 we're going to be having the same discussion about Kopech and Cease that we are about Rodon now. 

Edited by Jack Parkman
  • Haha 1

Just now, Jack Parkman said:

Just look at the Tigers, Royals and O's rosters. Even their scrubs are better than the Sox scrubs. 

That’s an absolutely insane thing to say.

The funny thing is that you would say the exact opposite if the Sox were leading this one fucking game by double digits.

Just now, Jack Parkman said:

It goes both ways. Their pitching sucks too, and their scrubs are still outperforming the Sox scrubs, both hitters and pitchers. 

Sox hitting has been the least of their problems so far.  Outside of Palka and Jimenez, it's been fine.

1 minute ago, fathom said:

Sox hitting has been the least of their problems so far.  Outside of Palka and Jimenez, it's been fine.

Cordell? Alonso? Sanchez? Rondon? LMAO dude. None of them are any good and none of those guys are better than the other teams's scrubs. 

Sure, Moncada, Garcia, Anderson and Abreu have been good but the rest of the lineup is a joke. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

Do they though? I have a feeling in 2023 we're going to be having the same discussion about Kopech and Cease that we are about Rodon now. 

They do. That's what aggravates me. Coop should be no where near these guys. How long did they stick with wriniak? 

I tend to agree with this. But I love how players get to the sox and forget how to hit

2 minutes ago, JoshPR said:

Its cool. I feel the same. You can't teach velocity. 

I just see no end to the losing. I'm sad because I got a little emotionally attached to some of these guys success in the bigs and they probably aren't going to win anything here. If it does end up coming together, it will happen right before everyone is getting ready to walk in 2022, and that is if they play baseball at all that season. 

Edited by Jack Parkman