Boston @ Chicago, 5/4/19, 6:10, GT

soxfan49

Just now, harkness99 said:

People really need to chill out about Jimenez… some of the most childish shit I've seen in about 3 years.

Yeah look at how Vlad Jr. has been doing so far.

Some posters here should take a xanax and chase it down with a glass of wine to take the edge off.

1 minute ago, GermanSoxFan said:

Yeah look at how Vlad Jr. has been doing so far.

Some posters here should take a xanax and chase it down with a glass of wine to take the edge off.

This is horrible advice. Do that and you risk committing suicide. Never mix alcohol and benzodiazapines. 

Edited by Jack Parkman
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, harkness99 said:

People really need to chill out about Jimenez… some of the most childish shit I've seen in about 3 years.

He'll be fine, but he was definitely struggling in the early going.  Meanwhile, Chavis is a freaking beast.

1 minute ago, fathom said:

He'll be fine, but he was definitely struggling in the early going.  Meanwhile, Chavis is a freaking beast.

It is incredibly annoying that the Sox can't have their nice shiny prospects come up to the majors and be studly immediately. 

Now that I'm done venting, does anyone see the Sox winning anything with their current group of players/prospects? 

Edited by Jack Parkman

Maybe I'm naive, but it'll be interesting to see if Cooper truly has lifetime job security. His results have been so poor over the last ~5 or so years, I could see the Sox transitioning him to a scouting role after this season.

But I'm probably wrong and he'll be here until he decides to retire regardless of how bad his results are.

Just now, maxjusttyped said:

Maybe I'm naive, but it'll be interesting to see if Cooper truly has lifetime job security. His results have been so poor over the last ~5 or so years, I could see the Sox transitioning him to a scouting role after this season.

But I'm probably wrong and he'll be here until he decides to retire regardless of how bad his results are.

problem is that if he is replaced and they bring in someone in-house like has been rumored, it does the Sox no good if it's still a similar philosophy.

Just now, fathom said:

problem is that if he is replaced and they bring in someone in-house like has been rumored, it does the Sox no good if it's still a similar philosophy.

My hope is they'll hire someone from the Astros/Dodgers/Rays etc and actually go with a 21st century approach to pitching.

Realistically, of course, it's the White Sox. If Coop does go they'll likely just replace him with someone in-house.

6 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

It is incredibly annoying that the Sox can't have their nice shiny prospects come up to the majors and be studly immediately. 

Now that I'm done venting, does anyone see the Sox winning anything with their current group of players/prospects? 

Too early to tell about the Sox rebuild. Just like with prospect development, rebuilds aren't necessarily linear. We might have to suffer through another two or 3 years of bad baseball before we see any light at the end of the tunnel. 

11 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Everything I said before this post and after the Martinez double was massive hyperbole. I was just frustrated., I can't walk because I had foot surgery and I can't do anything fun but watch sports on a nice day. I'd much rather be fishing or doing astronomy. Sitting in a wheelchair as I'm typing. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

1 minute ago, OneDog847 said:

Too early to tell about the Sox rebuild. Just like with prospect development, rebuilds aren't necessarily linear. We might have to suffer through another two or 3 years of bad baseball before we see any light at the end of the tunnel. 

It's funny, but I completely disagree when Hahn says development isn't linear.  It seems in the last decade or so, it's been pretty rare for a prospect to completely tank in a season and then go on to excel for the rest of their career.  For every Roy Halladay, there's hundreds of guys that just faded away.

4 minutes ago, fathom said:

It's funny, but I completely disagree when Hahn says development isn't linear.  It seems in the last decade or so, it's been pretty rare for a prospect to completely tank in a season and then go on to excel for the rest of their career.  For every Roy Halladay, there's hundreds of guys that just faded away.

Ha. I'm pretty sure the phrase "prospect development isn't linear" was coined somewhere and sometime by a floundering general manager.  

• Thanks 1