Fulmer and Ruiz optioned

16 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

I can't imagine they will 60 day IL him today, not until they're 100% certain he's headed for TJS. Maybe it's 95% at this point but they said they are waiting for the swelling to go down, if they're waiting for that then they can't 60 day him first.

Saw a story yesterday where Ricky baby said he's making progress running and throwing but they still don't know for sure when he'll be ready.

Another EXCELLENT signing by Rick Hahn (sarcasm implied) 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

Honestly I did not know that Cease was already on the 40 man. Given that, Cease should be coming up right now. There is no contractual benefit to holding him down unless you wait another 3 months. 

They won’t bring him up cuz they have to give advance notice ala Kopech and Moncada.  They are going to want to make it a thing. I bet he will be up in about a month.

Any other org this mess with the roster and underperformance by the pitching would have had a few people gone. Honestly coop needs to step away. Do it graciously, but it needs to be done. Honestly until the sox are owned by baseball people this will be the story. I'm sorry but this team has been ran by incompetence all these years. Kenny has to be the first incompetent. He's just clinging to 05. I bet if he's even gone from the sox he doesn't get another ML job. Enough is enough. 

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Why in the world would you ever cut Ruiz when he has options remaining?

Let Ruiz pitch all Summer in Charlotte. Bring him up in September if he is doing well down there. Cut bait with him in the offseason if he continues to get shelled in AAA. 

7 minutes ago, Timmy U said:

Ha ha.  Minaya has been getting lit at Charlotte.  This is just one step up from Rondon.  The injuries to Hamilton and Johnson along with Burdi’s very slow TJ progress have been killers.

The White Sox continue to play the new pitching game show "Wheel of Stiffs..." Again that says a LOT about the state of pitching in the organization three years into a rebuild. Stiffs, rejects, has-been's, and guys cut from other organizations.

I don't care if a guy throw 108 MPH if he's had chance after chance and can't get it done, he needs to be sent packing and give someone else a try.

13 hours ago, Balta1701 said:

Without looking at the 10 day limit, the guys who can be called up without having to add someone to the 40 man roster are:

Frare
Cease
Hamilton
Medeiros
Stephens
Viera
Zavala
Adolfo
Basabe
Jay
Palka

What the F*** happened to John Jay anyway? How his he not on the 60 day IL? He's missed 40 days.

I'm just glad he's been out of sight out of mind. Please DFA him, Sox.

On 5/5/2019 at 12:07 AM, Lip Man 1 said:

Personally I'd cut both of these stiffs and admit that a very high first round pick was blown.

Aren't you a "sports writer"?  How do you lack such basic fundamental understanding of roster management?  Its mind blowing.  

Not that I think it would resurrect Carson Fulmers career or anything but in the offseason we heard a few things about Fulmer. One, he went to driveline, where he said he ditched his cutter because it was making his four seamer less controllable and curve worse. Basically all of his pitches were becoming his cutter.

But, I don't know. He started throwing his cutter more often this year, a welcome development, but they just started to hit that more than last year. I don't know that there is anything left with fulmer to try, but he didn't really try his changes from driveline.

He just can't locate. His changeup is pretty good, but he doesn't have a fastball that he can throw for strikes, and even the ones he does throw for strikes get hammered. Too much side to side not enough up down movement with him.

Good luck to him, but I don't know that he'll be able to find control.

30 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Aren't you a "sports writer"?  How do you lack such basic fundamental understanding of roster management?  Its mind blowing.  

I'm simply tired of seeing the same stiffs, rejects, has-been's and the like continue to get chance after chance after chance after chance for the past SEVERAL seasons and continue to get the shit beat out of them.

I repeat my point, the Sox are three years into the rebuild, where is at least some quality organizational depth? If all they can do is continue to give these stiffs more chances that indicates to me am even bigger issue.

But I'm just tired of seeing the same garbage on the mound?

Aren't you?

11 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

I'm simply tired of seeing the same stiffs, rejects, has-been's and the like continue to get chance after chance after chance after chance for the past SEVERAL seasons and continue to get the shit beat out of them.

I repeat my point, the Sox are three years into the rebuild, where is at least some quality organizational depth? If all they can do is continue to give these stiffs more chances that indicates to me am even bigger issue.

But I'm just tired of seeing the same garbage on the mound?

Aren't you?

Releasing players with options is beyond idiotic.  Even if you personally don't think they're any good. No reason to give away assets when you don't need to.

• Like 1