Why do we subject ourselves to this? 5/5 Gamethread vs Sawx

17 minutes ago, South Sider said:

Leave it to the White Sox to draw awesome crowds on a great weekend and completely shit their own pants offensively, defensively, and pitching-wise. 

I was one of the unfortunate souls at the game yesterday. Still had a blast because I checked out of that game after the 3rd or 4th inning or whatever it was. 

The White Sox team embodying the persona of the front office/owner with regards to not signing Manny. "Fuck the Sox fans".

There better be a big fucking payoff at the end of this. They better be right. 

Either Jeff Passan or Jeff Sullivan wrote a pretty good article about tanking in baseball a couple of months back. Basically compared it to a ponzi scheme of sorts. With a third of the league actively tanking there will not be a chair for everyone once the music stops. 

Some teams are gonna be looking at multiple decades of nothing but losing baseball with nothing to show for it but huge owner profits. The White Sox are well on their way. 

20 minutes ago, South Sider said:

Leave it to the White Sox to draw awesome crowds on a great weekend and completely shit their own pants offensively, defensively, and pitching-wise. 

I was one of the unfortunate souls at the game yesterday. Still had a blast because I checked out of that game after the 3rd or 4th inning or whatever it was. 

The White Sox team embodying the persona of the front office/owner with regards to not signing Manny. "Fuck the Sox fans".

There better be a big fucking payoff at the end of this. They better be right. 

Oh there'll big a payoff.....right into the ownership pockets. This has been a 38 year ownership comprised of continuous 3 year rebuilds. 

3 minutes ago, fathom said:

It truly sucks being a Sox and Bulls fan right now. The same man has let both franchises become a joke.

Which is why you should all like hockey more. 3 championships and probably more if it wasn't for the salary cap designed to break up dynasty's and spread the winning among other teams.

1 minute ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Which is why you should all like hockey more. 3 championships and probably more if it wasn't for the salary cap designed to break up dynasty's and spread the winning among other teams.

This. So much this. They actually have an owner and GM that knows their ass from a hole in the ground. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

21 minutes ago, GermanSoxFan said:

Living and dying with every pitch is just not good for you in a baseball season, especially in a non-competitve season.

I just try to enjoy watching a ball game and I hope the Sox succeed.

This is my attitude also 

1 minute ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Hate hockey, unfortunately. Would rather watch Total Divas.

Too much of this bullpen just fucking sucks which means good teams are gonna tattoo them.  If the starting pitching continues to give us limited innings it is just gonna get worse I'm afraid 

21 minutes ago, GradMc said:

Oh there'll big a payoff.....right into the ownership pockets. This has been a 38 year ownership comprised of continuous 3 year rebuilds. 

They’ve gotten a little smarter at how they try and mask their incompetence.  Used to be we were told about “three year plans” as a way of explaining away current ineptitude while kicking the can down the road.  Now we have a “rebuild”, which is conveniently open-ended.  Why lock yourself into figuring out how to fix this mess of an organization in three years when you can just call it a rebuild and let it go on indefinitely, all the while the massive profits pile up for ownership.  

Edited by Fan O'Faust
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1