Why do we subject ourselves to this? 5/5 Gamethread vs Sawx

1 minute ago, wegner said:

Too much of this bullpen just fucking sucks which means good teams are gonna tattoo them.  If the starting pitching continues to give us limited innings it is just gonna get worse I'm afraid 

Hahn piled up young relievers in his trades and drafts and so far this org has basically gotten 0 consistent, reliable relievers out of them. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Which is why you should all like hockey more. 3 championships and probably more if it wasn't for the salary cap designed to break up dynasty's and spread the winning among other 

4 minutes ago, Fan O'Faust said:

They’ve gotten a little smarter at how they try and mask their incompetence.  Used to be we were told about “three year plans” as a way of explaining away current ineptitude while kicking the can down the road.  Now we have a “rebuild”, which is conveniently open-ended.  Why lock yourself into figuring out how to fix this mess of an organization in three years when you can just call it a rebuild and let it go on indefinitely, all the while the massive profits pile up for ownership.  

Well stated !!

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, GradMc said:

He's laughing all the way to the bank

He is that's why everybody just needs to boycott the Sox. I wish they didn't have one single fan in the stands. and one single person watch on TV! That's obviously never going to happen but I wish it would.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

Hahn piled up young relievers in his trades and drafts and so far this org has basically gotten 0 consistent, reliable relievers out of them. 

Don't worry man Zach Burdi, Tyler Johnson, Ian Hamilton, Matt Foster, and Alec Hansen are on the way. I've been told by other posters that these guys are some of the most elite relief pitching prospects in baseball. 

• Haha 1

That eighth inning was the worst excuse for baseball I have ever seen.  A competitive game was turned into a complete joke. This is not a major league team, and this so-called rebuild is nothing but a scam. 

• Like 1

Well...

Another bullpen blow up (but at least they didn't blow a lead since the game was tied), another pitcher got hurt apparently, another set of errors by Timmy and Jose' and another dismal showing in front of a very large crowd.

As Steve Stone said during the broadcast, "With all the speed bumps you have during a season you have to have depth..."

Year three of the rebuild and the White Sox have precious little of it and in my opinion injuries are no longer an easy excuse.

Just what the **** is going on in the minor league system from a drafting and developing stand point?

Inquiring minds want to know.

Boston is probably the best team in baseball right now and we are one of the worst.  Having acknowledged that, it was a shame to see us getting blown out a couple of times at home in front of nice crowds.

15 minutes ago, tray said:

Boston is probably the best team in baseball right now and we are one of the worst.  Having acknowledged that, it was a shame to see us getting blown out a couple of times at home in front of nice crowds.

I know that they won the series last year, but it's interesting how much Boston did not look like one of the best teams in baseball until these past few days.

I honestly don't know how you guys do it - watch this clownshow.  I applaud your commitment.  (Or worry about your sanity)  I've probably watched maybe an inning and a half all season.  I tend to just look at the box score to see how Moncada is doing and hoping Giolito or Lopez showed something to make me believe they're capable of an ERA under 4.5.  I'm also curious to see how Andersons "fun" plays with people by September when he's hitting .269 and has 25 errors.

Been a Sox fan for over 45 years.  I was in favor of the rebuild, I believed in Hahn, and I never really bought into JR being only interested money.  All that changed for me this past winter.  The friends and family plan, KW's BS explanation, wasted FA money, their seeming inability to develop players, apparent inability to build a semi-decent roster, a pitching coach who seems totally opposed to any modern methods or analytics, and an organization that appears to have zero accountability with coaches or front office personnel.  And bunting.  For the love of all that is good and pure, the bunting.  Like I said: clownshow.  

1 hour ago, OneDog847 said:

Don't worry man Zach Burdi, Tyler Johnson, Ian Hamilton, Matt Foster, and Alec Hansen are on the way. I've been told by other posters that these guys are some of the most elite relief pitching prospects in 

Who said they were some of the most elite relief pitching prospects?

1 hour ago, tray said:

Probably not which is why they are below .500. They will most likely turn it around but they have had terrible starting pitching and their bullpen is suspect. In the only close game we took advantage of that bullpen.  Their starters had a good series but they also got run support.  They also received 28 walks in 4 games.  Our AAA staff needs to work on that aspect................

Just checked the box score. Sometimes I like our team, but other times I wonder how we win a game. Do you realize we not only started Covey, but Delmonico, Castillo, Sanchez and Cordell were our 6 thru nine hitters?? With Alonso cleanup? That means our 4, 6, 7, 8 and 9 hitters are all not only bad, but horribly bad. How have we won as many as we've won?? Geez.

7 hours ago, Balta1701 said:

I know that they won the series last year, but it's interesting how much Boston did not look like one of the best teams in baseball until these past few days.

They had won 3 in  row and 8 of last 12 so they were turning it around before the Sox series.