Engel and Frare Optioned to AAA

ChiSox59

13 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

Actually, that does kinda make some sense. Could he be picked up for the minimum at this point or do we have to wait 10 days for him to clear waivers first?

Minimum 

Wow, wasn’t Frare called up yesterday?  Did they really demote him after a single four pitch walk?

My guess is we’ll see two arms.  With this rotation, they need a few guys that can go multiple innings.  The problem is most of the pitchers in AAA suck a fat you know what right now.  I’m not even going to speculate who that may be.

1 minute ago, ron883 said:

When can we make you GM? Jerry ever get back to you?

I've written letters to JR for years and I always received a response from him. But when I wrote him a letter requesting  to be interviewed for the White Sox Gm job, I didn't receive any response from him. Maybe he's keeping my letter on file and he will   eventually get back to me. I'm still open to being the White Sox GM. If I become the White Sox GM , I promise all White Sox fans the greatest fun ride in modern White Sox history. I WILL MAKE THE WHITE SOX GREAT AGAIN!!!!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

16 minutes ago, WBWSF said:

I've written letters to JR for years and I always received a response from him. But when I wrote him a letter requesting  to be interviewed for the White Sox Gm job, I didn't receive any response from him. Maybe he's keeping my letter on file and he will   eventually get back to me. I'm still open to being the White Sox GM. If I become the White Sox GM , I promise all White Sox fans the greatest fun ride in modern White Sox history. I WILL MAKE THE WHITE SOX GREAT AGAIN!!!!

This is good stuff.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Engel has been given 857 PA in a White Sox uniform.  During that time he has -.6 fWAR and a wRC+ of 57.   You gotta be bleepin' me.

And in that time (3 years) he has collected about  $1.5 million in salary (if he got the MLB minimum each of those years).