Engel and Frare Optioned to AAA

ChiSox59

12 minutes ago, soxfan2014 said:

Yeah it's amazing how much PT he has gotten over the last couple of years. Guy just looks so uncomfortable at the plate. 

He was a headcase. Dude changed his stance so damn much, sometimes from AB to AB during games. That won't work when you're bad AND micromanaging yourself.

26 minutes ago, GermanSoxFan said:

I want to be a  guy who hits .250 with a .330 OBP as well.

Any advice Ricky?

He can't even get that out of his $9 million DH who continues to rack up plate appearances which may eventually trigger some guaranteed money next year.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, GermanSoxFan said:

I want to be a  guy who hits .250 with a .330 OBP as well.

Any advice Ricky?

If Engel could hit .250 with a .330 OBP, he'd be one of hte better CF in the game.  That is never going to happen.

3 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

Apparently Eloy may be just about ready to play. I think he is eligible to come of the IL either today or tomorrow.

Merkin tweeted that Eloy isn't coming back without a rehab assignment first.  

My guess is Burr off IL and Matt Foster.  Rodon moved to 60 day DL to make room on 40 man.  

Edited by ChiSox59

7 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

He can't even get that out of his $9 million DH who continues to rack up plate appearances which may eventually trigger some guaranteed money next year.

This part is troubling to me.  Obviously they suck this year, but why lock yourself into this guy again.  He is giving you plenty of reasons to sit him.  This team can't get out of its own way.  

Just now, turnin' two said:

This part is troubling to me.  Obviously they suck this year, but why lock yourself into this guy again.  He is giving you plenty of reasons to sit him.  This team can't get out of its own way.  

Pretty sure the Sox will either pick up the tab to move Alonso in July/August, or just release him before he hits the 526 at bats.  They'd be insane to let that vest, barring some drastic improvement at the plate.  Alonso is a better hitter than he has been, but its pretty easy to improve on his bat at the DH spot.   

29 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

If Engel could hit .250 with a .330 OBP, he'd be one of hte better CF in the game.  That is never going to happen.

Merkin tweeted that Eloy isn't coming back without a rehab assignment first.  

My guess is Burr off IL and Matt Foster.  Rodon moved to 60 day DL to make room on 40 man.  

Didn't someone suggest yesterday that they still had a little hope for Rodon that he wouldn't have to go down with the surgery?

28 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

Didn't someone suggest yesterday that they still had a little hope for Rodon that he wouldn't have to go down with the surgery?

I must have missed that, but definitely hope that is the case.  If its not Rodon to the 60 day DL, Jordan Stephens and Kodi Mediros would likely be the first 2 on the DFA / outright off 40 man chopping block, I would imagine.  

Edited by ChiSox59

1 hour ago, ChiSox59 said:

I must have missed that, but definitely hope that is the case.  If its not Rodon to the 60 day DL, Jordan Stephens and Kodi Mediros would likely be the first 2 on the DFA / outright off 40 man chopping block, I would imagine.  

I would think Stephens for sure. Medieros is still really young to cut ties with at this point.