Sox @ Indians; 5:10pm CT 05/07

ChiSox59

Moncada 3B, Delmonico LF, Abreu 1B, Alonso DH, McCann C, Tilson CF, Anderson SS, Sanchez, Cordell RF

Giolito on the hill versus Jefrey Rodriguez.

Appears Ricky has done what Ricky does best. Pick names out of hat with no apparent logic.  

Let's win this one.  

• Haha 1

• Quin pinned this topic
18 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Moncada 3B, Delmonico LF, Abreu 1B, Alonso DH, McCann C, Tilson CF, Anderson SS, Sanchez, Cordell RF

Appears Ricky has done what Ricky does best. Pick names out of hat with no apparent logic.  

Let's win this one.  

Hahaha.  No joke.  After Abreu this is just random.  It is like, he looks around and just picks whoever he sees.

Edit: yeah, not just after him. 

Edited by turnin' two

6 minutes ago, TheTruth05 said:

Thanks @ChiSox59. This lineup is just dumb, literally moving people just for the sake of moving them. 

Well Moncada has been bouncing up and down in the order based on LH/RH but unfortunately his LH batting has dropped more than his RH.  But last night he is back in the 2nd spot and had his best game in 2 weeks.  So he got promoted to the leadoff spot I guess. 

4 minutes ago, Greg Hibbard said:

I don't understand why the lineup isn't Moncada-Anderson-Abreu-McCann  then whoever - until further notice

I see no issues with Leury in the leadoff spot.  He's the best option on the team. 

• Like 1

Garcia the last 3 games: 7-12 and he is sitting in favor of well all three in the OF plus Sanchez at 2B? If you want the lefty matchups then take out Cordell for Garcia or hey here is a good idea, keep the same lineup from yesterday where we scored 9 runs.

It makes 0 sense to have Delmonico, a guy who didn't make the MLB squad and could be sent back down any day now batting 2nd while one of the top hitters this year is in the 7 hole. 

Garcia, Moncada, Abreu, Alonso, McCann, Anderson, Delmonico, Sanchez, Tilson

Easy.

12 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

I see no issues with Leury in the leadoff spot.  He's the best option on the team. 

So Leury-Moncada-Anderson-Abreu-McCann and RR still can put the other 4 names in the spittoon and draw them. 

1 hour ago, ChiSox59 said:

Let's win this one.  

Only thing I can figure is stacking the top of the lineup with lefties which is a bit different from his norm. But why can't Leury be played at 2nd base ? Maybe a rest but he's been arguably the Sox 3rd or 4th best player. Based On WAR he's tied with Moncada for 2nd on the team with .9 . Anderson near the bottom maybe he wants more production down there.

I thought RR was trying to be cute like when Maddon made a lineup based on the Tommy Tutone hit "Jenny" when he was Tampa Bay.  But no.  So I did some digging.

The lineup looks like this: 573028649.  I ran this through a number-letter association matrix and came up with a message: Shitty lineup, manager dumb as a post.  Could mean something.  I don't know.