The Broadcasting Tandem of Jason Benetti & Steve Stone - Love 'em, like 'em, or leave 'em!

Thad Bosley

The Broadcasting Tandem of Jason Benetti & Steve Stone - Love 'em, like 'em, or leave 'em!  

117 members have voted

1. 1. Do you enjoy the play-by-play broadcasting provided by Jason Benetti?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Do you enjoy the color analysis provided by Steve Stone?

• Yes
    • No
  3. 3. Do you enjoy the pairing of Jason Benetti and Steve Stone as the broadcast duo for White Sox baseball on TV?

• Yes
    • No

I'm in the same boat as most, didn't really care for Benetti when he started out but he's been much better this year, and Stony compliments him well. They are entertaining to listen to. I don't really care for the Sox Math or 1 thing with Ricky, but that's not really the point of this thread.

And, it's really something when most people enjoy the duo now in the bad times, imagine how nice it will be during the good years.

I donā€™t think a lot of people including Reinsdorf, realize how much Harrison was dragging this franchise down due to his broadcasting style. Benetti is a pro. He represents the White Sox really well.Ā 

7 minutes ago, WBWSF said:

This is the last year on Stones contract. Rumor has it that AJ Pierzynski will be his replacement if Stone decides to retire after this season.

I'm fine with this.Ā  I'd rather have Stone and AJP but you wouldn't have a lackey to call the game.

Glad the poll is in their favor big time. I think they are amazing. I've said this before, but try to listen to other team's crews. Like the Royals. Except for the amazing Denny Mathews and the very good Ryan Lefevre, the Royals broadcast is one big commercial for the team. At least Bennetti and Stone don't go that way. They are cheerleaders of course, but it's not sickening. And they use their real voices, don't try to talk like stereotypical announcers.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, greg775 said:

Glad the poll is in their favor big time. I think they are amazing. I've said this before, but try to listen to other team's crews. Like the Royals. Except for the amazing Denny Mathews and the very good Ryan Lefevre, the Royals broadcast is one big commercial for the team. At least Bennetti and Stone don't go that way. They are cheerleaders of course, but it's not sickening. And they use their real voices, don't try to talk like stereotypical announcers.

Benetti doesnā€™t use use a gimmicky radio/commercial voice? Ā Listen to his homerun calls.

9 hours ago, greg775 said:

I seriously hate Rex Hudler with a passion.

• Like 3

As a mexican White Sox fan not living in the US, who watches almost 80% of the games per season, and considering that English is my second language and I don't get all the jokes and comments that they made, I do enjoy most of the times their broadcasting, however, for all home games I switch to the Spanish radio broadcast so it's easier for me to follow everything.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Focurjay said:

As a mexican White Sox fan not living in the US, who watches almost 80% of the games per season, and considering that English is my second language and I don't get all the jokes and comments that they made, I do enjoy most of the times their broadcasting, however, for all home games I switch to the Spanish radio broadcast so it's easier for me to follow everything.

what's your review of the spanish language teams?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Focurjay said:

Very cool.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Focurjay said:

I just found a copy of the B-52's Wild Planet album at a yard sale. I was stoked because I always wanted it but I didn't look at it too closely because I was too busy picking out more vinyl and CD's . When I got home and examined it the song titles were in English and Spanish.

Planeta Salvaje. (Wild Planet) .Turns out it was made in Mexico andĀ  put out by Warner Bros. for distribution in Mexico. Very unique find which not many people have.

I know this is neither here nor there topic wise but it gave me an opening to share this with those who know I collectĀ  rock music vinyl.

As far as Benetti and Stone. I can live with them but then again I liked Hawk til the very end so I am not too picky. Benetti is a homer and so was Hawk. That's what I want.

Ā 

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, chitownsportsfan said:

what's your review of the spanish language teams?

The play by play guy puts a lot of emotion on the main calls, and I think he makes a decent job overall. Both of them appear to have good chemistry but sometimes the seem to hate each other according to some comments they made on air.

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, Greg Hibbard said:

I voted yes, yes, no.

I like Benetti. I like Stone. I don't like their chemistry.

I can see this. They're both really good but when they mesh, they do spend a little too much time talking about random fans for my liking.

Ā 

And I get it, it's hard to talk about other things when the team is losing 14-1, but they do it during good games/wins too. Sometimes I want to hear Stone's analysis about a relatively bigĀ moment but they're talking about someone dressed like a banana

1 hour ago, Focurjay said:

The play by play guy puts a lot of emotion on the main calls, and I think he makes a decent job overall. Both of them appear to have good chemistry but sometimes the seem to hate each other according to some comments they made on air.

Sayonara baby ! That's the HR callĀ  for one of the spanish speaking broadcasters.

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Let me preface this by saying that Jason has been better this year but he was absolutely AWFUL last night.Ā  In what was a competitive game he was often focused anywhere but on the action in front of him.Ā Ā 

Big Bennetti supported, but I agree. Almost like he went in prepared for a blow out and when the Sox held up their end of that bargain he treated it as such.Ā 

Granted there was very little action anyway.Ā 

Edited by mqr