And that's a White Sox Giolito Gem Winner!

Just now, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

I knew today I wouldn't have to make the winner's thread.That was one of the happier game threads I have seen in a while. 2 well pitched games in a row by the starters, McCann getting a lot of love. Enjoy it while it lasts.

It’s so funny how bipolar this place is. Guess that’s just the nature of the internet though. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mqr said:

It’s so funny how bipolar this place is. Guess that’s just the nature of the internet though. 

6+ years of losing records will do that to a fan.  It's not the nature of the Internet.

Edited by Harper2Sox
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, SoxAce said:

Giolito was the goods. McCann was outstanding and gotta give love for the Tilson who is finally unleashed. 

Oh and shoutout to Colome too who had to clean up Fry's mess.

The sample size is small but it just goes to show how guys can come back from injuries. Cordell and Tilson just haven't been real healthy the last few years. Since the Sox have had so many injuries it's real nice to know they don't last forever. It just seems that way.  Jones Rodon Kopech Burger Dunning Burdi who am I missing ? Robert couldn't show anything either till this year.

4 minutes ago, mqr said:

I think it reflect how the team has played.  When they are bad you would think they only won 10 games instead of being close to .500.

12 minutes ago, Harper2Sox said:

6+ years of losing records will do that to a fan.  It's not the nature of the Internet.

Well that, and forums like this tend to encourage people to say the first thing that pops into their head and reward stronger reactions

Edited by mqr
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, mqr said:

Well that, and forums like this tend to encourage people to say the first thing that pops into their head and reward stronger reactions

Yeah, that must be the bigger issue.  Definitely not the years of bad ownership, management, and losing.  No playoff appearances since 2008 is a much more minor issue.  It's the forum's fault.

Edited by Harper2Sox

16 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

I Like what Colome does to opposing hitters.  That is all

I liked when he was down in the count he reared back and threw a 96 mph fastball with movement over the plate daring that cold, shit lineup to put it in play.  It's nice to see a guy come in, have good stuff and attack without nibbling.  

1 hour ago, Harper2Sox said:

Yeah, that must be the bigger issue.  Definitely not the years of bad ownership, management, and losing.  No playoff appearances since 2008 is a much more minor issue.  It's the forum's fault.

I mean go to any team’s forum and they all act the same, regardless of recent success. It’s definitely the nature of the internet. Go to the Cubs subreddit after they have a 2 game losing streak, half the sub is ready to jump off the ledge. Despite winning the title last year a bunch of the Red Sox subreddit want to hang themselves after the slow start. Happiness seems fleeting in general in sports fandom.

Edited by OmarComing25
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1