And that's a White Sox Giolito Gem Winner!

7 minutes ago, OmarComing25 said:

I mean go to any team’s forum and they all act the same, regardless of recent success. It’s definitely the nature of the internet.

No, that's a spontaneous reaction to a loss. That happens whenever a loss happens.

Well, we are an inconsistent team which I guess is better than being a rotten team. Great starting pitching from Gio. Congrats. Can you imagine Eloy going after that ball Tilson caught? Yikes. Gotta love Tilson so far.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, greg775 said:

Well, we are an inconsistent team which I guess is better than being a rotten team. Great starting pitching from Gio. Congrats. Can you imagine Eloy going after that ball Tilson caught? Yikes. Gotta love Tilson so far.

I would think in the 9th inning up 2-0 there would have been a replacement in LF for Eloy

• Like 1

It was cool to see Giolito overcome that shit lineup. 

I’m not going to hold a team’s win/loss record against a manager of a rebuilding club but if that manager is mismanaging his bullpen, deploying horrible lineups that don’t put this best players in good position to succeed or limit their PAs or is bad at the strategy aspect of the game, they shouldn’t be managing the team. 

46 minutes ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

It’s unlikely but, if the Sox take the next two from the Tribe, they likely move into a tie for the AL second wild card as crazy as that sounds.

That's why I'm so against tanking. You keep a competitive roster and guess what? You strike playoff gold every once in a while. And guess what? The Sox get in the playoffs and anything can happen. Remember Baumgartner that one year? One guy (Gio?) can get red hot and lead the way, baby. That is if you are not trying to lose.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, greg775 said:

That's why I'm so against tanking. You keep a competitive roster and guess what? You strike playoff gold every once in a while. And guess what? The Sox get in the playoffs and anything can happen. Remember Baumgartner that one year? One guy (Gio?) can get red hot and lead the way, baby. That is if you are not trying to lose.

Yes, but usually the tanking calls happen when they're 15 out in mid-August.

Not 2 games out in early May.

• Haha 1

I have felt, from the start of the season, that what guys like Nova and Santana do this season, is of little significance to this team, unless the Sox actually end up competing for a playoff berth. It's the starts by our young pitchers that matter and this was one of those. If both Giolito and Lopez develop into solid, consistent starters, this team could be in very good shape. Few teams can boast a young inexpensive starting staff, and that could become a reality, if Kopech and Cease also succeed. Therefore, good outings, like Giolito had last night, are huge. Let's hope Lopez can have another one tonight.

Edited by Lillian

This team is so Jekyl and Hyde.  Yesterday's win was easily the best overall game they've played all season.  Not much offense, but Giolito looked like an ace, the defense was solid (more Tilson in the OF, please), and Colome continues to look like a real closer.

7 hours ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

It’s unlikely but, if the Sox take the next two from the Tribe, they likely move into a tie for the AL second wild card as crazy as that sounds.

Honestly, the offense looks halfway decent if Jimenez can work things out when he comes back and McCann can retain 80% of what he is doing.  At some point if things don’t get better, maybe call up Collins & Mendick to replace Alonso & Sanchez.  Not sure to what to expect from Mendick but hard to be worse offensively than Yolmer has been this year.

The biggest thing we need is pitching and lots of it.  Got to hope at some point that Ian Hamilton can regain his form and replace Nate Jones’ role.  Cease will replace Covey in the not the too distant future, which will be a huge upgrade.  And if Nova and/or Baneuelos continues to struggle I’d honestly consider calling up Lambert.

It’s probably a one in a million chance, but damn does the AL suck this year and you just never know when you play in the shitty AL Central.

8 hours ago, greg775 said:

Good reminder that defense plays an important role in winning.

8 hours ago, dominik-keul@gmx.de said:

It is still too many walks but the uptick in Ks is encouraging, his k-bb rate improved from an abysmal sub 5% to an above average 17%.

He doesn't have to have super low walks but under 10% would be nice.

His walks are at least close now. At least two of them yesterday he was squeezed on. If you remember last year, when he missed the zone, it typically wasn’t even close.