Todd Steverson is the best White Sox hitting coach since _________

ron883

Todd has been magical with some of our guys this year. Obvious progress from Yoan and Timmy are great signs. McCann changed his stance and has been great. Todd is a better hitting coach than any previous one I can remember in my lifetime. Best since Hriniak? Do you believe in McCann? 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Lol...amazing you were able to shoot that off in less than a minute!

Also, it’s pretty clear now that Ron is Todd Steverson and Let’s Go Ray Ray is Don Cooper.

I just googled 'Ron883 Steverson' and it was the first link. I was trying to see if he was one of the "Fire Steverson" thread starters

3 minutes ago, ron883 said:

I've been consistent in my support for Todd. What's your point?

I just find it funny is all, it's not meant to critique you. It's cool to witness the birth of a new annual Ron thread 

5 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Lol...amazing you were able to shoot that off in less than a minute!

Also, it’s pretty clear now that Ron is Todd Steverson and Let’s Go Ray Ray is Don Cooper.

Don't you mean Rick Hahn?

11 hours ago, ron883 said:

Todd has been magical with some of our guys this year. Obvious progress from Yoan and Timmy are great signs. McCann changed his stance and has been great. Todd is a better hitting coach than any previous one I can remember in my lifetime. Best since Hriniak? Do you believe in McCann? 

Here comes the regression. 

Wait a second ... If we are giving credit to Todd Steverson for the improvement of Tim Anderson, Yoan Moncada and James McCann, where is the criticism for Yonder Alonso? He came to the White Sox as a career .265 hitter with a .745 OPS, currently he is hitting .170/.615. Welington Castillo, came to the Sox as a .260/.745 (ish), currently .167/.606.

Adam LaRoche and Todd Frazier (aside from Home Runs) are two others off the top of my head that came to the White Sox and were below their career numbers as a hitter. Then when are we considering the tremendous regression for Daniel Palka? Couldn't do anything to improve Adam Engel, etc. 

I am not saying he doesn't deserve some praise for Moncada, Anderson and McCann this season, if he indeed did the work with them to improve. I am just saying there have been equal to more 'misses' by the guy than 'hits'. So, to answer the question, in my opinion, he is the best hitting coach since, the last one, Jeff Manto.