Ricky Renteria Has Made Me a Lineup Scold

bmags

My name is bmags, and I have found lineup complaining to largely be disproportionate to its impact.

But the last two lineups are so frustrating, and I am so sick of this employment of the L-R matchups as the uber strategy in baseball.

Today's lineup.

• Like 3

Just now, mqr said:

Garcia

Moncada

Anderson

Abreu

Then do whatever the hell you want, but stop with Alonso and Demonico, ugh

I would take that, but I'd prefer

Anderson

Moncada

Abreu

Jimenez

Whatever 5-9

Every single game, regardless of the handedness of the pitcher 

21 minutes ago, Jose Abreu said:

I would take that, but I'd prefer

Anderson

Moncada

Abreu

Jimenez

Whatever 5-9

Every single game, regardless of the handedness of the pitcher 

What is wrong with Leury as a leadoff man?  He's a better option than Anderson IMO.  He's been great there.  

4 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Renteria is the worst strategical manager I've ever seen on the South Side.  I thought that was absolutely impossible after Ventura.

Honestly, bring Waldo the White Sox Wolf in as manager at this point. The most failed of mascots would be better.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, bmags said:

My name is bmags, and I have found lineup complaining to largely be disproportionate to its impact.

But the last two lineups are so frustrating, and I am so sick of this employment of the L-R matchups as the uber strategy in baseball.

Today's lineup.

This...just doesn't make sense. Today's lineup is even worse than yesterday's with McCann being given a break. Anderson needs to be hitting cleanup in this lineup, even with his current regression, and with honestly Tilson leading off and Moncada hitting 2nd.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Quin said:

Honestly, bring Waldo the White Sox Wolf in as manager at this point. The most failed of mascots would be better.

He wasn't a failed mascot. He was perfect. Everyone else failed. We failed him.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Renteria is the worst strategical manager I've ever seen on the South Side.  I thought that was absolutely impossible after Ventura.

But remember he's part of the White Sox "family" and probably works relatively cheaply...therefore he stays in place.

46 minutes ago, bmags said:

He wasn't a failed mascot. He was perfect. Everyone else failed. We failed him.

I can so-sign this. Wolves are probably my favorite animal because of Waldo.

Plus, I made this thread in 2011.

1 hour ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Ventura was never as bad as Ricky. Ventura was more of a scapegoat for crappy White Sox teams. Any manager who manages losing teams year after year is going to face hostility from the fanbase. Most criticisms about Ventura were hindsight criticisms about bullpen management, the usual complaints managers get. My issue with Ricky is not that the White Sox are losing, it's that he seems to have no idea what the hell he is doing. He can be a fine bench coach but that's it. Once again it calls into question the ownership that they felt the need to unnecessarily gave him an extension prior to this season.

1 minute ago, JuliusO1274 said:

Ventura was never as bad as Ricky. Ventura was more of a scapegoat for crappy White Sox teams. Any manager who manages losing teams year after year is going to face hostility from the fanbase. Most criticisms about Ventura were hindsight criticisms about bullpen management, the usual complaints managers get. My issue with Ricky is not that the White Sox are losing, it's that he seems to have no idea what the hell he is doing. He can be a fine bench coach but that's it. Once again it calls into question the ownership that they felt the need to unnecessarily gave him an extension prior to this season.

Or that they hired him without interviewing anyone else.  

"  Hmm.... Well, you're already here, so I guess you're the coach.  I really don't want to move."

25 minutes ago, greg775 said:

There are so many bad hitters in that lineup. How the hell are we sniffing .500?

26 minutes ago, greg775 said:

There are so many bad hitters in that lineup. How the hell are we sniffing .500?

Because there are 15 teams in the AL and only 5 have records better than .500