Ricky Renteria Has Made Me a Lineup Scold

bmags

13 hours ago, Pants Rowland said:

All this talk of awful managers and NO ONE mentions Terry Bevington?! Am I just showing my age now?

ah, the Boomer. As Harry Carey used to say, the big possum walks late!

p.s.

If any one knows what that means, please let me know. 

On 5/8/2019 at 2:51 PM, ChiSox59 said:

What is wrong with Leury as a leadoff man?  He's a better option than Anderson IMO.  He's been great there.  

There’s no issue with it but TA is actually part of this team’s future and I want him getting as many ab’s as possible.   And I’m right there with bmags, I usually don’t care that much about the lineup but this shit is indeed frustrating.

On 5/8/2019 at 3:00 PM, JuliusO1274 said:

Ventura was never as bad as Ricky. Ventura was more of a scapegoat for crappy White Sox teams. Any manager who manages losing teams year after year is going to face hostility from the fanbase. Most criticisms about Ventura were hindsight criticisms about bullpen management, the usual complaints managers get. My issue with Ricky is not that the White Sox are losing, it's that he seems to have no idea what the hell he is doing. He can be a fine bench coach but that's it. Once again it calls into question the ownership that they felt the need to unnecessarily gave him an extension prior to this season.

I seem to remember a lot of complaints about Ventura was that he seemed so uninterested in everything , which was a trickle down effect of him not even seeking out the job in the 1st place.

23 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

I seem to remember a lot of complaints about Ventura was that he seemed so uninterested in everything , which was a trickle down effect of him not even seeking out the job in the 1st place.

I've posted this probably half a dozen times but in spring training in Eaton's first year with the club I was sitting about 3 rows back behind the Sox dugout at Camelback watching BP and Adam Eaton was bullshitting so hard with Ventura it was like they were best buds instead of manager and player.   If Eaton didn't have a rep as a bit of a wild card in the locker room I really wouldn't have thought much of it but it just seemed sort of odd Ventura was so chummy with the new arrival.

I think that Ventura really didn't like managing and probably the social time with the players was the only joy he got from it.

1 minute ago, chitownsportsfan said:

I've posted this probably half a dozen times but in spring training in Eaton's first year with the club I was sitting about 3 rows back behind the Sox dugout at Camelback watching BP and Adam Eaton was bullshitting so hard with Ventura it was like they were best buds instead of manager and player.   If Eaton didn't have a rep as a bit of a wild card in the locker room I really wouldn't have thought much of it but it just seemed sort of odd Ventura was so chummy with the new arrival.

I think that Ventura really didn't like managing and probably the social time with the players was the only joy he got from it.

It seemed like by the end he was enjoying it. He certainly wanted to continue on, but the team's performance dictated he was finished.

2 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

I'm assuming you're a lot younger than me but find it odd you think its odd for them to be yakking it up. Your views on how a manger and player should interact seems more old school. The players make so much money now , so much more than the managers do ,that players don't fear or dread  managers tirades or scoldings any more. it's way more buddy buddy then even, lets say, if you go back to the 1970's and everything before that when the manager had real power in the clubhouse. It really wasn't that long ago that most players needed other jobs besides baseball in the off season.

38 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

I'm assuming you're a lot younger than me but find it odd you think its odd for them to be yakking it up. Your views on how a manger and player should interact seems more old school. The players make so much money now , so much more than the managers do ,that players don't fear or dread  managers tirades or scoldings any more. it's way more buddy buddy then even, lets say, if you go back to the 1970's and everything before that when the manager had real power in the clubhouse. It really wasn't that long ago that most players needed other jobs besides baseball in the off season.

It's like that in all pro sports.   You see some NFL head coaches moving to college.

I wont rain on the gamethread tradition, but Rickey with another lineup change today.  This one is slightly better, but missing McCann and Yonder still in the cleanup sot.

Tilson CF, Moncada 3B, Abreu 1B, Alonso DH, Anderson SS, Delmonico LF, Castillo C, Sanchez 2B, Cordell RF

10 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

I wont rain on the gamethread tradition, but Rickey with another lineup change today.  This one is slightly better, but missing McCann and Yonder still in the cleanup sot.

Tilson CF, Moncada 3B, Abreu 1B, Alonso DH, Anderson SS, Delmonico LF, Castillo C, Sanchez 2B, Cordell RF

At least Tim is up to 5th and he didn't move Moncada to lead off because Leury couldn't go.

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Another new lineup today....

Moncada 3B, Anderson SS, Abreu 1B, McCann C, Garcia CF, Jimenez LF, Alonso DH, Sanchez 2B, Tilson RF

I.....kinda like it.  

Flip Leury and Eloy and I’m a huge fan.

also wouldn’t mind flipping Moncada and Anderson but that’s not a big deal 

6 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Another new lineup today....

Moncada 3B, Anderson SS, Abreu 1B, McCann C, Garcia CF, Jimenez LF, Alonso DH, Sanchez 2B, Tilson RF

I.....kinda like it.  

I'd keep leading off with leury and just move everyone up one, but this is otherwise perfect. I just don't like Moncada in the 1 spot

Edited by mqr

2 minutes ago, Jose Abreu said:

Flip Leury and Eloy and I’m a huge fan.

also wouldn’t mind flipping Moncada and Anderson but that’s not a big deal 

Same.....

I feel like Leury, Moncada, Abreu, McCann, Anderson, Alonso, Sanchez, Tilson is the how I would do it, but it does really bunch same handed hitters, so I get it.  

Even Leury, Moncada, Anderson, Abreu, McCann, Tilson, Alonso, Sanchez would be better.

BUT HE'S MAKING PROGRESS! 

Edited by ChiSox59