Sox vs Indians 12:10 CST Banuelos vs Carrasco

Kyyle23

2 minutes ago, Greg Hibbard said:

Alonso batting fourth again. Why. serious question - does Ken Williams or Rick Hahn look at these lineups and wonder if their manager has a brain?

"Lonzy is a veteran.  We just need to keep plugging him in out there.  He's a clean up hitter. He's our clean up hitter.  He's been having some great at bats lately.  Seeing some pitches.  Working some count.  Real professional.  We love Zo."

-Ricky, most likely 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Greg Hibbard said:

Alonso is .136/.211/.258/.469 in his last 17 games. That’s Royce Clayton/Adam Dunn territory. 

At least Dunn always took his walks.  Even when he hit .159 that season in 500 PAs, his OBP was .292. 

I've seen this on MLB.com twice: Manny B. says that he was tipping his pitches the second time through the order against Boston, implying that's why he was hit so hard. 

Do you think that's true? I sort of believe it. It seems so strange to me that someone could have such good success and then everything completely fall apart. It seems like there has to be some reason how things could so quickly change so completely. 

• Kyyle23 locked and unpinned this topic