Sox vs Indians 12:10 CST Banuelos vs Carrasco

Kyyle23

Just now, fathom said:

Defense has been just ridiculously bad this year.  Moncada’s hitting ability should have been used at 2nd as we all figured.

Was Moncada's error bad? I had to minimize my game feed for a bit and missed it.  

1 minute ago, Dick Allen said:

Jason and Steve were talking the other day on one hand praising the White Sox for being better than the 9-25 they were last year, but on the other hand telling us run differential may speak more about a team than their current record. The Sox have the 4th worst run differential in baseball. They never mentioned that.

Also had 3rd easiest schedule in baseball at last check 

2 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Was Moncada's error bad? I had to minimize my game feed for a bit and missed it.  

Eh, it was a tough play with the slick infield. Sucks because he was having such a great day defensively prior. 

Just now, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

There may not be anything more worthless than MLB SOS when evaluating a team.

How do you figure?  If you’re playing the Royals and Orioles a lot, aren’t you likely to have a better record than teams with harder schedules off the bat?

• Like 1

Just now, Jose Abreu said:

Eh, it was a tough play with the slick infield. Sucks because he was having such a great day defensively prior. 

Also, there’s no excuse for the pitching to be as bad as it has been considering all the games against bad hitting teams. Twins are going to tee off on these pitchers.

5 minutes ago, fathom said:

Also, there’s no excuse for the pitching to be as bad as it has been considering all the games against bad hitting teams. Twins are going to tee off on these pitchers.

The Twins offense is going to cool off.  It is still going to be good, but Jorge Polonco is not the next coming of ARod and Cron, Schoop and their catchers are going to cool off.  

They're the easy favorites for the AL central now though.  

1 minute ago, ChiSox59 said:

The Twins offense is going to cool off.  It is still going to be good, but Jorge Polonco is not the next coming of ARod and Cron, Schoop and their catchers are going to cool off.  

They're the easy favorites for the AL central now though.  

Eddie Rosario has been struggling, and he isn't going to forever, and Cruz will probably go on a power binge. 

1 minute ago, Jack Parkman said:

They don't have enough starters for the innings that need to be eaten. This might sound crazy, but Cease and Giolito might be the only MLB quality arms in the org that aren't injured right now. 

Lopez will be fine.  

Just now, Jack Parkman said:

Eddie Rosario has been struggling, and he isn't going to forever, and Cruz will probably go on a power binge. 

Rosario has been struggling to hit for average, but he leads the AL in homers. I wouldn't really expect a ton of positive regression from their of those guys.  

9 minutes ago, fathom said:

How do you figure?  If you’re playing the Royals and Orioles a lot, aren’t you likely to have a better record than teams with harder schedules off the bat?

Because at the end of the year, having played the red Sox will grade out as a difficult match-up but had you played them in April, it was actually an easier match-up than 99% of teams.

The streaky nature of the game, and the limited scoring in baseball, means that there really isnt much difference at all between the easiest and hardest schedule in the league. 

When you play someone, who you face, the health of the team and etc pretty much normalize any SOS discrepancies and make SOS a pointless baseball stat.

• Like 1

Just now, Jack Parkman said:

I tend to agree, but I'm not 100% sold. His FIP has been trash forever. 

I'm not sold either.  But they are going to give him us 30 starts, and he'll have an ERA in the low to mid 4s.  He'll be fine.  You could do alot worse than him as your 5th starter, which hopefully is what he is 12 months from now. 

8 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

I'm not sold either.  But they are going to give him us 30 starts, and he'll have an ERA in the low to mid 4s.  He'll be fine.  You could do alot worse than him as your 5th starter, which hopefully is what he is 12 months from now. 

What is your rotation out of ST next year, assuming Rodon is gone? 

Mine is, based on track record/stuff:FA(MadBum)-Giolito -Kopech-Cease-Lopez

Edited by Jack Parkman

10 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Rosario has been struggling to hit for average, but he leads the AL in homers. I wouldn't really expect a ton of positive regression from their of those guys.  

They're going to start hitting for average/power. 

4 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

What is your rotation out of ST next year, assuming Rodon is gone? 

Mine is, based on track record/stuff:FA(MadBum)-Giolito -Kopech-Cease-Lopez

Yah, same.  My "insert FA" would be different, but that is my other group of 4, assuming Rodon goes down with TJS. 

18 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Yah, same.  My "insert FA" would be different, but that is my other group of 4, assuming Rodon goes down with TJS. 

To me, it is Cole, MadBum or sit out. I don't trust Wheeler, and the rest are trash. 

In a perfect world, I'd like them to sign MadBum, Ozuna and Grandal. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

8 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

MadBum and Rendon put Moncada back at 2nd.

That is OK too, but then does Madrigal become a trade chip? I like that idea. I don't like yanking Moncada around though. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

• Kyyle23 locked and unpinned this topic