Sox vs Indians 12:10 CST Banuelos vs Carrasco

Kyyle23

11 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

That is OK too, but then does Madrigal become a trade chip? I like that idea. I don't like yanking Moncada around though. 

Most likely yes he does I mean he's got a way to go and if Moncada can maintain his good stats all season who would you rather have at 2nd base ? I don't really care about Moncada moving, he likes 2nd base better anyway because Cano is his idol.

And we wouldn't have needed Ozuna if we had just signed Brantley like I wanted. I'm sure you can find the old thread on him where i was salivating over him. Houston got a great player for just 2 years/.$32M Have you seen what he's doing there ? Amazing and the guy just had like an 18 game streak where he didnt swing and miss once !

Hint to Sox management if you want to sign good FA's go after the ones the good teams with good scouts , state of the art analytics and development people go after.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside

21 minutes ago, Jerksticks said:

If we sign Cole then I feel like Madrigal & Robert break camp with the team.  That’s a playoff caliber team next year 

Did the Sox suddenly get a new owner? Cole ain't happening. Dude is going to want guaranteed $ not some incentive laden nonsense the Sox will offer him. 

We will get Wacha or Alex Wood. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, OneDog847 said:

Did the Sox suddenly get a new owner? Cole ain't happening. Dude is going to want guaranteed $ not some incentive laden nonsense the Sox will offer him. 

We will get Wacha or Alex Wood. 

I hear ya on the Sox owner but they have to know signing a few good FA's will allow them to contend.Whether or not they go for quality remains to be seen.

7 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Why not ?

Just a douchebag from what I've heard plus his "old school" ways of thinking might clash with some in the clubhouse. I personally don't think he and Tim would get along at all for example.

But hey, Garland admitted on national television that he did not like A.J. so if you are helping to win.... then as I put in my sig for many years with Cooper's quote about winning and chemistry. 

Edited by SoxAce

3 hours ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Because at the end of the year, having played the red Sox will grade out as a difficult match-up but had you played them in April, it was actually an easier match-up than 99% of teams.

The streaky nature of the game, and the limited scoring in baseball, means that there really isnt much difference at all between the easiest and hardest schedule in the league. 

When you play someone, who you face, the health of the team and etc pretty much normalize any SOS discrepancies and make SOS a pointless baseball stat.

Thank you. Not the only pointless or at least highly flawed newer stat.

55 minutes ago, SoxAce said:

Just a douchebag from what I've heard plus his "old school" ways of thinking might clash with some in the clubhouse. I personally don't think he and Tim would get along at all for example.

But hey, Garland admitted on national television that he did not like A.J. so if you are helping to win.... then as I put in my sig for many years with Cooper's quote about winning and chemistry. 

I'm sure a lot more than Garland didn't like AJ . Ptatc thinks hes a jerk and could probably tell you stories why. I remember he did tell a story once but it was a while ago. I think of Madbum and hope for the same kind of results the Cubs got from Lester . He was 1 year older than Madbum will be next year when the Cubs got him . He also threw of lot of innings in season and a lot of playoff innings. Very similar profile to how I project Bumgarner. But yea I want a good pitcher. I don't care that he's just a good ol country boy. Last thing i worry about is how he would get along with anyone because we are just guessing on that.

This series is another fine example of the importance of good pitching.  Cleveland came into this series next to last in the AL in runs scored.  And they got a paltry 11 runs in 4 games against a horrid White Sox pitching staff that is next to last in the AL in ERA (not to mention countless other runs due to a "defense" that is also next to last in the AL in errors).  Not to mention numerous runs that are technically earned because our players make countless misplays that are not charged as errors.  

They got a split because Cleveland is 3rd in the league with a 3.75 ERA (ours is a nasty 5.35).  After an aberration in the first game when the Sox miraculously scored 9 runs against one of the top pitchers in the AL, we managed only 5 runs in the last 3 games.

Edited by bubba phillips

6 hours ago, Greg Hibbard said:

If Yonder, Yolmer, and Welington are acceptable OPS's for a major league lineup on an every day basis, you have to wonder why not just bring up Madrigal, Robert, and Collins now, let them take their lumps and let's see what we got. I know the answer people will respond with is "they're not ready yet" but I don't really understand why.

That is the post of the year, maybe the decade! Very perceptive and it makes total sense to do what you say. Madrigal went to college; Robert is ready and Collins is more than ready. If they hit .040, big deal. No reason to not let them sink or swim. People scoff at baseball's unwritten rules. A front office unwritten rule is (still) to never rush a guy. I am saying players don't need all this minor league seasoning. I mean you said it all. ... Yonder LOL; Yolmer LOL and Wellington LOL. Bring up the kids. It matters not if they hit .120. 

(I'm not that mad but kind of upset we win the first two then only split the series). Would be nice to continue to split series on the road, though. If we do that we could sniff .480 this season.

Edited by greg775

5 minutes ago, greg775 said:

That is the post of the year, maybe the decade! Very perceptive and it makes total sense to do what you say. Madrigal went to college; Robert is ready and Collins is more than ready. If they hit .040, big deal. No reason to not let them sink or swim. People scoff at baseball's unwritten rules. A front office unwritten rule is (still) to never rush a guy. I am saying players don't need all this minor league seasoning. I mean you said it all. ... Yonder LOL; Yolmer LOL and Wellington LOL. Bring up the kids. It matters not if they hit .120. 

(I'm not that mad but kind of upset we win the first two then only split the series). Would be nice to continue to split series on the road, though. If we do that we could sniff .480 this season.

I would love to see it.  These three guys would energize the fan base and I'll bet we would win a few more games as well.  They couldn't possibly mess things up and we might move the time line up by half a year.  And I assume the best coaches in the organization are at the major league level.  I've suggested this move in several threads and added that putting an extra coach or two to tutor the young guys specifically.

• Kyyle23 locked and unpinned this topic