5/9 Games

SoxAce

Something that jumped out to me when thinking about the Sox trying to trade prospects for big league talent possibly in the upcoming offseason is that they don’t really have much in the way of non-essential trade chips.  Cease, Madrigal, Robert and let’s say Vaughn all have paths to the big league team. Besides those 4, who really has significant trade value?

3 minutes ago, fathom said:

Something that jumped out to me when thinking about the Sox trying to trade prospects for big league talent possibly in the upcoming offseason is that they don’t really have much in the way of non-essential trade chips.  Cease, Madrigal, Robert and let’s say Vaughn all have paths to the big league team. Besides those 4, who really has significant trade value?

Elijah Tatis?

1 minute ago, fathom said:

The sad reality (right now) is that after Collins, Robert, Madrigal, & Cease graduate by early next year, the Sox will have a bottom 10 farm system if not worse.  Hopefully some of the guys that are struggling rebound and change that for the better.  But right now, things look really grim after the top guys.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, fathom said:

Great post after 3 drafts this organization has very little too show for it, embarrassing little.

13 hours ago, fathom said:

This is what I fear as well.  Throw Kopech in as a path to the bigs too.

Maybe Basabe can turn things around?  Some of the A guys before they bomb in AA?  Rutherford should be this guy but he has been terrible.  

14 hours ago, Chicago White Sox said:

The sad reality (right now) is that after Collins, Robert, Madrigal, & Cease graduate by early next year, the Sox will have a bottom 10 farm system if not worse.  Hopefully some of the guys that are struggling rebound and change that for the better.  But right now, things look really grim after the top guys.

Generally speaking, when you remove a team's top 5 prospects, the farm system is going to look pretty bad.  

• Like 2

6 hours ago, ChiSox59 said:

Generally speaking, when you remove a team's top 5 prospects, the farm system is going to look pretty bad.  

Honestly, I was probably being too kind with my statement.  Like we’re probably a bottom three system without those guys and that’s considering the addition of the #3 overall draft pick.  I get graduations will no doubt hurt a system, but the vast majority of our second tier prospects have regressed this year and that’s a huge problem.  There is little to no depth (again right now) to add help from outside the organization which puts insane pressure on our high end guys coming close to their ceilings for this thing to work IMO.