Sox @ Jays: 6:07pm CT

ChiSox59

21 minutes ago, Jose Abreu said:

I’m surprised there isn’t more complaining about the 7th inning sac bunt while down 2 runs against a struggling pitcher. Could have been a different outcome if that hadn’t been called. 

It made a lot of sense to me. Cordell isn’t in a great spot right against right hander and he might bounce into a DP or K. I would much rather take two shots with switch hitting Garcia and Moncada with the tying runs in scoring position

2 minutes ago, Greg Hibbard said:

It made a lot of sense to me. Cordell isn’t in a great spot right against right hander and he might bounce into a DP or K. I would much rather take two shots with switch hitting Garcia and Moncada with the tying runs in scoring position

It was a more reasonable action for the situation then his usual.  Even Stone & Jason discussed it from different angles.

2 hours ago, Lip Man 1 said:

Well these are the White Sox. What did you expect from this bunch especially with Alonzo and Castillo hitting in the middle of the order. Both are putrid, both are more awful Hahn acquisitions.

Might have stumbled upon the perfect slogan:. Your 2019 White Sox... Well what did you expect?

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Jose Abreu said:

I’m surprised there isn’t more complaining about the 7th inning sac bunt while down 2 runs against a struggling pitcher. Could have been a different outcome if that hadn’t been called. 

There are stats that show bunting does not increase the odds of scoring 1 running and dramatically lessen the chance of scoring more than 1. We have a manager who gives away outs every time in late inning close games. That is awful. I actually hate when the it works out okay because it convinces fans it was the right choice. Ricky must be criticized every time he does this irregardless of the outcome. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JuliusO1274 said:

There are stats that show bunting does not increase the odds of scoring 1 running and dramatically lessen the chance of scoring more than 1. We have a manager who gives away outs every time in late inning close games. That is awful. I actually hate when the it works out okay because it convinces fans it was the right choice. Ricky must be criticized every time he does this irregardless of the outcome. 

Bunting is the right choice when a team has solid trustworthy pitching. Plus our team is prone to strikeouts.  It was a smart move for Cordell to bunt there and move runners over because a hit scores 2, and Cordell may have very likely struck out or hit into a double play.

Edited by Chisox378